In the name of science, big farce of Japanese whaling

Its a huge farce, and its been going for decades. Japanese have an insatiable appetite for whale meat. And its driving this slaughter of whales. Few other nations in the world still hunt whales.

I would vote for total moratorium on whaling world wide for at least 50 years. And then lets take another look.

taipeitimes.com/News/editori … 2003475758

Its a huge farce, and its been going for decades. The Taiwanese have an insatiable appetite for pig meat. And its driving this slaughter of pigs.

I would vote for total moratorium on pigging world wide for at least 50 years. And then lets take another look.

There are no shortage of pigs , but there are of whales.

Yes there is. They are extinct in my country and almost extinct in Taiwan. There are lots more wild whales than pigs. If that’s your argument, you should contact the Japanese, Icelandic, Norwegian, etc, authorities to propose whale farming for food.

How many whaling countries used to have wild pigs? Or was it more sensible to hunt whales for food?

[quote=“Buttercup”]Its a huge farce, and its been going for decades. The Taiwanese have an insatiable appetite for pig meat. And its driving this slaughter of pigs.

I would vote for total moratorium on pigging world wide for at least 50 years. And then lets take another look.[/quote]

pigs are domesticated farm animals. whales are wild. there’s no danger of pigs going extinct whereas hunting for whales can easily lead to species extinction.

it’s comparing apples and oranges.

shes just being bcup. haha.

[quote=“Jack Burton”][quote=“Buttercup”]Its a huge farce, and its been going for decades. The Taiwanese have an insatiable appetite for pig meat. And its driving this slaughter of pigs.

I would vote for total moratorium on pigging world wide for at least 50 years. And then lets take another look.[/quote]

pigs are domesticated farm animals. whales are wild. there’s no danger of pigs going extinct whereas hunting for whales can easily lead to species extinction.

it’s comparing apples and oranges.[/quote]

Yes. Which is why I am suggesting whale factory farming. Pigs are extinct in Britain. We only have farmed pigs.

And let’s get some white European Scandinavian hating going on instead of saving all the love for the east Asians, eh?

SNORT !!! Actually we aint eatin wild boars over here in TAiwan either. Except maybe satellite tv and his tribe up in alishan.

Thing is whales are dying off much faster then we want them to. And we cant really farm em too good.

Not many people really eat whales. Its not a staple for most people of the planet.

PIgs can be easily bred and eaten.

Yes actually its gross to eat an animal. We should all be vegan in that spirit.

I do my part and try to eat smaller animals like chickens and ducks. And less pigs and cattle as they are larger and presumably smarter animals.

I suppose we should eat rats as there are many of those.

But we are talking about preservation of a very rare animal.

We dont eat pandas and now we shouldnt eat whales either because they are rare now.

maybe eventually in the year 2200 there will be no large animals left on earth and perhaps we will be farming PEOPLE for food.

genetically bred for consumption. Get a load of that eh?

If we all get re-incarnated back to human beans time after time, eventually we will really be eaten.

I do my part and try to eat smaller animals like chickens and ducks. And less pigs and cattle as they are larger and presumably smarter animals.

That’s not logical. You should eat bigger animals like whales. Then you are responsible for fewer deaths. Whale = one murdered soul. Shrimp hotpot = ten sentient beings destroyed. Logical or not, Buttercup supports killing stupider, less feeling animals. We’d have to freeze all your (pl) sperm first, though.

Not many people really eat whales. Its not a staple for most people of the planet.

It is a natural and historical part of many peoples’ diet on this planet, though.

Mmmm… Soylent Green…

Actually putting this into PETS AND OTHER ANIMALS is a great idea, because thats what we should do. WHALES SHOULD BECOME OUR PETS. And who eats their PETS???

Yes, that’s exactly what we should do. They are notoriously crap at fetching sticks, though. I threw a stick for Spermo and he just swam off. Haven’t seen him (?) for two years.

I think he blew up in Tainan.

p.s. SPERMO??? HIlarious name (for some reason)

I think he blew up in Tainan.

p.s. SPERMO??? HIlarious name (for some reason)[/quote]

To be honest, it was a pain in the (blow)hole to source live giant squid to feed him. I was going to dump him behind a 7-11.

That’s what happened in Tainan, y’know. Someone tried to throw an unwanted pet out of a moving car. They just aren’t ke-ai after they get bigger than 40 feet long.

Great mystery solved !! The things that happens behind the 7/11s continues to amaze me !

I bet they tried to move it with 3 scooters and failed (needed six scooters).

If you ever ate whale you would understand. Whales are like big floating horse cows. So delicious. If they regulate it more, use all the meat, catch reasonable quotas, and stick to the non-endangered whales then I wholly approve of it.

What I do not approve of is the Sea Sheperds. I watch whale wars wishing somebody would sink the rest of their ships. Like the industry or not, deep sea fishing is dangerous and a bunch of environmentalist wackos crashing boats and openly attacking fishermen is just disgusting.

[quote=“djlowballer”]If you ever ate whale you would understand. Whales are like big floating horse cows. So delicious. If they regulate it more, use all the meat, catch reasonable quotas, and stick to the non-endangered whales then I wholly approve of it.

What I do not approve of is the Sea Sheperds. I watch whale wars wishing somebody would sink the rest of their ships. Like the industry or not, deep sea fishing is dangerous and a bunch of environmentalist wackos crashing boats and openly attacking fishermen is just disgusting.[/quote]
I like whalemeat. Had it several times up in the Shetlands (where of course NOBODY kills whales :wink:)
I don’t like the way the Japanese hunt endangered species like fins, though. Sickening. Minke, on the other hand, are not considered endangered. Japan takes around 900 per year, while Norway kills around 1,000 per year or more.
And you KNOW why those hippie pirates don’t go after the Norwegians, right? Right. Because they know perfectly well that unlike the Japanese, those Norwegian whalers would kick their sorry spotty backsides up and down the deck and toss them overboard, while at the same time tearing their stupid tree-hugger bullshit to bits in flawless English. Not such good viewing there, eh? You brainless cunts. :laughing:

Those dreadlocked, pierced buffoons in that Sea Shepherd documentary? Fucking MORONS! I was hoping and HOPING that they’d get rammed and sunk. What complete dolts! Little wonder Greenpeace wanted nothing to do with them. Arseholes, the lot of them. They did themselves NO favours with that piece of shit film.