Inauguration 2005

I stayed up to watch the speech last night. I don’t think he managed to create any Kennedyesque catch phrases. I like the Democrat senator who stayed away to watch the movie Titanic to get a preview of the next four years. The best thing was how forcefull President Bush was when he repeated the oath. He managed to get in a lot of conviction. I personally am a little bummed that I was not invited to any of the Inaugural balls. Was it something I said?

“EAT ME”

Any truth to the rumor that this was the complete text written on the congratulatory note you sent the president earlier this month? If so, that might be your explanation…

My last meeting with administration officials might also have led to my being left off the list. I find that generally things go badly no matter who it is that says: “No, you shut up.”

You were watching the wrong inauguration :wink:

[tw.forumosa.com/t/ot-again/15081/1

US President George W. Bush at his re-election innauguration ceremony.

…and for those who feel the need…

Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie An Effective, Low-Cost Solution To Combating Mind-Control

After all, who knows what could happen to you in 4 more years.

Well, I see the mental midgets were out in force. :unamused:

I assume that most of the crowd gathered for the inauguration were Republicans and that this was recognised by Bush’s aides which is why he was told to speak v e r y s l o w l y so they could understand.

It was a load of crap.

BroonAudience

[quote=“BroonAle”]I assume that most of the crowd gathered for the inauguration were Republicans and that this was recognised by Bush’s aides which is why he was told to speak v e r y s l o w l y so they could understand.

It was a load of crap.

BroonAudience[/quote]

And a total waste of the $140 million that the networks were saying was the budget for this farce.

[quote=“Traveller”][quote=“BroonAle”]I assume that most of the crowd gathered for the inauguration were Republicans and that this was recognised by Bush’s aides which is why he was told to speak v e r y s l o w l y so they could understand.

It was a load of crap.

BroonAudience[/quote]

And a total waste of the $140 million that the networks were saying was the budget for this farce.[/quote]
It was $US 40 million, quite a bit, but well worth it.

Put on your tinfoil and learn to love it.

[quote=“Traveller”][quote=“BroonAle”]I assume that most of the crowd gathered for the inauguration were Republicans and that this was recognised by Bush’s aides which is why he was told to speak v e r y s l o w l y so they could understand.

It was a load of crap.

BroonAudience[/quote]

And a total waste of the $140 million that the networks were saying was the budget for this farce.[/quote]

Total waste of money. Total waste of air time.

The only good thing was that coloured lady who sang a song. The song itself was a load of patriotic crap but she was well worth a knobbing. Good teeth, nice hair and great lips. Phwoooarrr.

BroonAdmires

The inauguration is economically analogous to the Super Bowl. It will undoubtably have a positive economic impact on D.C. We don’t need Jimmy Carter austerity-- we need economic synergy! SOMEONE is taking that $40 Million home! They will pump it back into the economy in thousands of ways. The $40 Million is not wasted.

It was all paid for by Republican lobbyists. So taxpayers weren’t charged directly. (But they will pay.)

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“Traveller”][quote=“BroonAle”]I assume that most of the crowd gathered for the inauguration were Republicans and that this was recognised by Bush’s aides which is why he was told to speak v e r y s l o w l y so they could understand.

It was a load of crap.

BroonAudience[/quote]

It was $US 40 million, quite a bit, but well worth it.

Put on your tinfoil and learn to love it.[/quote]

Money could have been better spent in reducing your defecit which you want us (the rest of the world) to finance.

Load of crap. Except for the balck lady who sang.

BroonAccountant

It was not a load of crap – at least they got Randy Jones (aka the cowboy from the Village People) to perform.

philly.com/mld/philly/entert … 687446.htm

I’m on this side of the Pacific, and happened to catch part of it. The most astonishing segment occurred when the cavalcade ran the gauntlet through the heaviest contingent of protesters.

It speeded up. Significantly. The secret service guys on each side of the limo had to run to remain apace. The symbolism was almost too obvious, and one might have thought they would have reigned in that impulse so as not to give more fuel to the fire of their detractors.

[quote=“Flicka”]It was not a load of crap – at least they got Randy Jones (aka the cowboy from the Village People) to perform.

philly.com/mld/philly/entert … 687446.htm[/quote]

Well, there you go. My point exactly. It was a load of crap. It was a fuck-you-world-we-are-best-patriotic vomit-inducer.

BroonAle

A…special moment for some of the innaugural attendees…so poignant…so lacking of botox and tan-in-a-can…ahhh the memories…

[quote=“BroonAle”]
Well, there you go. My point exactly. It was a load of crap. It was a fuck-you-world-we-are-best-patriotic vomit-inducer.

BroonAle[/quote]

See I think this fits into the British pride thread. We just find this kind of thing a little crass and tacky. It tends to induce a cringing sensation and a need to re-appraise one’s dinner choice visually. In the UK you get a bit of a wave from the PM standing in front of number 10 with some understated bullshit about the challenges ahead and the weight of responsibility blah blah blah. Then he or she gets on with the job. Just another cultural difference I guess. :rainbow:

Speaking of the Brits, well at least their famous 'Red Coats,…even they were included…

Members of the “Old Guard,” the Commander in Chief’s Guard 3rd U.S. Infantry,
march down Pennsylvania Avenue during the 2005 inaugural parade.

[quote=“butcher boy”][quote=“BroonAle”]

BroonAle[/quote]

See I think this fits into the British pride thread. We just find this kind of thing a little crass and tacky. It tends to induce a cringing sensation and a need to re-appraise one’s dinner choice visually. In the UK you get a bit of a wave from the PM standing in front of number 10 with some understated bullshit about the challenges ahead and the weight of responsibility blah blah blah. Then he or she gets on with the job. Just another cultural difference I guess. :rainbow:[/quote]

Things for you Brits have just been going down hill since July 4, 1776, haven’t they?. :cry:

:America: