Inauguration 2005

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Speaking of the Brits, well at least their famous 'Red Coats,…even they were included…

Members of the “Old Guard,” the Commander in Chief’s Guard 3rd U.S. Infantry,
march down Pennsylvania Avenue during the 2005 inaugural parade.
[/quote]

Next time HMQEII has a parade, she should include a float of a burning 1812 White House. Boy would those sensitive Yanks whinge and moan and bitch and cry and and and…

It would make HMQEII extremely popular amongst the British population and would be good for a giggle.

BroonArson :uk:

We want you to finance our deficit? I think you’ve got it the wrong way around. Plenty of governments and non-US banks, even after the recent fall in the dollar, are still falling over themselves to buy US dollar denominated assets, including T-bills. I think it would be more accurate to say that you want to finance our deficit.

[quote=“butcher boy”][quote=“BroonAle”]
Well, there you go. My point exactly. It was a load of crap. It was a fuck-you-world-we-are-best-patriotic vomit-inducer.

BroonAle[/quote]

See I think this fits into the British pride thread. We just find this kind of thing a little crass and tacky. It tends to induce a cringing sensation and a need to re-appraise one’s dinner choice visually. In the UK you get a bit of a wave from the PM standing in front of number 10 with some understated bullshit about the challenges ahead and the weight of responsibility blah blah blah. Then he or she gets on with the job. Just another cultural difference I guess. :rainbow:[/quote]

Exactly. Much more civilised, sensible and economical.

BroonAle

[quote=“Jive Turkey”][quote=“BroonAle”]
Money could have been better spent in reducing your defecit which you want us (the rest of the world) to finance.
[/quote]
We want you to finance our deficit? I think you’ve got it the wrong way around. Plenty of governments and non-US banks, even after the recent fall in the dollar, are still falling over themselves to buy US dollar denominated assets, including T-bills. I think it would be more accurate to say that you want to finance our deficit.[/quote]

Bollocks. Even if that were the case, not for much longer.

BroonAssets

You will never catch me fighting with the British. True friends and a nation that has contributed so much to the world. Where would we be today without the British enlightenment, commitment to freedom of the seas, free trade, rule of law, etc. etc. Hurray for the British! Hurray!

[quote=“BroonAle”][quote=“butcher boy”][quote=“BroonAle”]
Well, there you go. My point exactly. It was a load of crap. It was a fuck-you-world-we-are-best-patriotic vomit-inducer.

BroonAle[/quote]

See I think this fits into the British pride thread. We just find this kind of thing a little crass and tacky. It tends to induce a cringing sensation and a need to re-appraise one’s dinner choice visually. In the UK you get a bit of a wave from the PM standing in front of number 10 with some understated bullshit about the challenges ahead and the weight of responsibility blah blah blah. Then he or she gets on with the job. Just another cultural difference I guess. :rainbow:[/quote]

Exactly. Much more civilised, sensible and economical.

BroonAle[/quote]

Sounds more like an overbred spaniel.

Freddie, just as well, if it was not for the Brits, then the US might be french speaking or even worse german speaking, enogh to make you gag eh !!!

If it wasnt for the Brits the US would most definitely not be the countrt it is today, whether for better or worse no one will ever know.

Amen Traveller:

I say for the best. We could have ended up like Germany since 22 percent of Americans can trace their heritage that way or Poland or Italy or France. Now, remember it is only because the US had been transformed into the democracy based on rule of law that it was that the same was able to happen in Spain, Italy, Greece, Eastern Europe and Germany itself with perhaps some improvements being made in France. Ultimately, we all have to thank the British for these contributions from India to Australia to Canada to New Zealand. And now those benefits are being extended throughout East Asia. Fantastic.

The insurgents are killing people left and right in Iraq, Iran and Korea are making nuclear weapons, the deficit is humongus, Social Security is in crisis, homeland security is on yellow alert, the dollar’s dropping… there’s only one thing to do. Toga party!
Toga! Toga! Toga! Toga!

[quote=“Richardm”]The insurgents are killing people left and right in Iraq, Iran and Korea are making nuclear weapons, the deficit is humongus, Social Security is in crisis, homeland security is on yellow alert, the dollar’s dropping… there’s only one thing to do. Toga party!
Toga! Toga! Toga! Toga![/quote]Pesky “insurgents” read-terrorists, just didn’t RSVP.
They knew when & where the party was being held.

cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/01/ … index.html

another twitty leftist who fails to understand that war was necessary to defeat nazi germany and japan. It also was very “good” in ending the suffering of 4 million Afghan refugees who have returned home no longer needing to prostitute their sons and daughters to service grunting Arab men for US$1 a throw just to survive.

Does she think that Saddam was just going to go away and that we should have given peace another chance?

How are those millions in North Korea doing today? How’s Eastern Europe doing since we freed it during the Cold War from the Soviets?

Who is responsible for the violence and deaths in Iraq? The US? Our soldiers? Who is trying to hold an election? Who is trying to stop it?

Does this woman think? Does anyone on the left? Is “feeling” the plus ultra of all leftist policy making these days regardless of whether right or wrong?

I have to say, I like that picture, Tainan. Something tells me that it will be seen here and there in the future…historical archives and such…photos of an era if you get my meaning. Note: My comment has nothing to do about opinions of Bush. I just like the photo.

[quote=“fred smith”]
Does this woman think? Does anyone on the left? Is “feeling” the plus ultra of all leftist policy making these days regardless of whether right or wrong?[/quote]

And who is this woman who manages to articluate, apparently the views of the whole of the left hand side of the political spectrum. She must be some woman. She must have a feersome reputaion and a handsome sized following. Hell she must be some sort of famous politician. Not even ‘W’ can speak for all of the right and most consider him to be doing pretty well - hell he just got to play in the white house for four more years.

So who is this woman? Why it’s…

Mary Kathryne Ryan, 63 of Ohio, of course. You know…don’t you… but she speaks for everyone on the left you know :laughing:

Fred that was one of your best ever extrapolations. Truly magnificent in scope. I bow to the master :notworthy: :wink:

I very much agree.

A famous photographer, I think Henri Cartier-Bresson - I could be wrong, had a term for photo’s like this.
The english translation was - “The decisive moment.”

I think this is one of those shots.

They found a low ranking scapegoat for all the toture and abuse grinning mimby orchestrated over the past few years. And just in time for his big party too. I wonder what fresh horrors he has in mind now.

“Translation…can we get a ‘Bob’ translator over on aisle 5 please?”

“They think in Iran you can just go in and hit the facilities and destabilise the government. They believe they can get rid of a few crazy mullahs and bring in the young guys who like Gap jeans, all the world’s problems are solved. I think it’s delusional,” the former CIA officer said.

It’s been on the cards since the mad neo cons set up the vote and wrote their Project for the New American Century bible.

Now US ponders attack on Iran:
guardian.co.uk/international … %2C00.html

I myself am proud of America:

no car bombs
no suicide bombers
nobody stabbing themselves to death.

protesters, carrying signs, voicing their opinions. legally

wonderful. civilized.

how many of you watched the boob tube in march expecting a breakdown of public order when the kmt took to the streets?

you want that?

greatest fucking nation on earth. bar none.

amen.

4 more years of civilization, granted.

amen

context people. context.

the free world is NOT a given.