Income Tax Calculator for Taiwan

Hi friends,

I didn’t find anything online, so I’ve put together a tax calculator / simulator on how much you’d owe to the government. It’s available in this Google spreadsheet. Just change the yellow field , you can also copy the sheet.

Feedbacks welcome!


5 posts were split to a new topic: Be careful where you click

There is nothing wrong with the calculations it does, but it doesn’t support standard deduction and other deductions so the resulting amount will be higher than your actual tax. In cases with a number of dependants, it will show much higher than actual tax due.


@mikerussellnz Let me add this. do you have a handy link explaining simply the calculation for those kind of deductions?

Here is the amounts of the deductions:


A post was merged into an existing topic: Why so much 𝖗𝖊𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖔𝖓? :dvd:

I’ve added a new sheet to your Google sheet, to include standard and special deductions (at least, I added the principal deductions that might apply to me). I’ve tested it against the
calculator and it comes out within a dollar or two every time. Good on you for setting up this sheet in the first place!

I will have a look. You can get a lot of deductions for elderly parents , parents in law and dependents.

What do you need to prove your parents are dependents?

Depends on which country they are in…

My parents both have Taiwan citizenship, but they live mainly in US. They go back once a year to vote pretty much.

Then its very straight forward . They go back just to vote every year…Unlikely.

Do you have some more info on that? I could potentially find some elderly parents abroad if that reduces my tax load.

There was another thread on here about it before, search using Google Forumosa income tax parents…It’s fairly straightforward in Taiwan (they don’t even check any financial support I think ) and many countries. Canada required a little more work I recall. I submit proof of life documentation and a few bits and bobs.

I don’t pay a lot of tax in Taiwan due to my many dependents.

1 Like

I was told by the tax office you need to provide proof that they are your parents, wasn’t clear if copies of say a birth certificate and a passport would suffice but those documents were cited. Second step is to provide proof you send them money or support them in some way, some sort of bank records would suffice. Again, I guess just matching names?

1 Like