Income tax

Richard, Iam legally employed in a private Taiwan registered company and paying taxes each month. I have been employed since 1st January 2001. I may now be leaving Taiwan at the end of this year or early next year. Do I have to submit a tax return or can I quietly leave and forget about the whole process, as I really dont want to go through all the trouble. Thanks.

In your situation, I believe that filing income taxes in Taiwan would be very straightforward. If you take your withholding statements to the foreign affairs tax office in any major Taiwan city, the girls there will help you fill out the forms. In fact, you will probably be eligible for a refund.