Index Funds offered by CIBC Securities (Canada)

I’ve been banking with PC Financial for several years because of their “no fee banking” and internet convenience.
I’d like to get into Index funds. (below is what CIBC Securities offers, via PCFinancial)
I’m willing to take a medium risk. I am also planning to stay in for at least 10 years and hopefully longer than that.
I’d like to ask the Gurus how things look down there? your thoughts? I’m a beginner… :help:

txn.banking.pcfinancial.ca/ … _funds.ams

[quote] do your banking

Sign in to your accounts.

1. bank card number:
    Remember my bank card on this computer
    How does remembering my bank card work?

2. password:
    Note: passwords are case sensitive [/quote]

You’re going to have to give me your bank number and password, so I can, uh, check out those index funds. :smiling_imp:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
There ya go!

The best thing I see in there SB are a Wiltshire 5000 and an S&P500 index. These are 100% US stock growth funds. So you will do what the market does, not better no worse.

If you’re making good money now, put as much in as you can.

We have a Wilthsire 5000 in the form of VTSMX, Vangaurd total market index. I was looking at it last night, solid returns over the last year or two, and all dividends reinvested.

Some folks prefer the S&P 500. I don’t because the funds are much too big for anything exciting to happen, unless that is everyone sells at once. The Wiltshire 5000 has some room for capital expansion, imagine if some new field comes along, say bitoech and they find something useful, say a cancer cure. A bunch of tiny biotechs will rise and some of them may
become the next Genetech…big bucks there.

This is a complete Dummies choice; nothing to pick but your nose. Suits me fine.

peace

jdsales

I have NO IDEA what kind of taxes you will be paying for owning a US index fund though. If you find out, tell us. :slight_smile:

[quote=“jdsmith”]
I have NO IDEA what kind of taxes you will be paying for owning a US index fund though. If you find out, tell us. :slight_smile:[/quote]

from my accountant