India in the fall?

India’s TERRIBLE in the fall. It’s much better in autumn.

yep it’s nice in autmn except India has a 10 day long autmn…it is best in monsoon. No, not for tourists. CFI reminded me of clay cups and monsoons that day. I needed to hug him for that alone but DB was in the way :laughing:

I have exactly the opposite problem, pics too little. And no one said anything about them. :frowning:

OK, I’ll give some Japanese candy to whoever indentifies my three pictures. Which famous Jaipur landmarks are depicted?

Jimmy, you’re awful. You are messing with us non-native speakers. :liar:

hawa mahal, city palace and jantar mantar

GIMEE CANDY!

[quote=“divea”]hawa mahal, city palace and jantar mantar

GIMEE CANDY![/quote]
Cheating! I didn’t even SEE the pics!

EDIT: Oh, they’re further back in the thread. :blush:

GIMEE CANDY![/quote]

Ehem, translate for those of us who do not speak -nor read- hindu: the forefront palace, the city palace still occupied by the maharas, and the oldest astronomical observatory still in use -beautiful, by the way.

oh Puhleeeeeaze… I didn’t even know they had English names. Now I know. Thanks.

SO where’s the candy?

GIMEE CANDY![/quote]
I thought Kandy was in Sri Lanka.

oooh, those Jap candies, they are delicious, my kids brought home some from class last week; now that Divea had beat us all to it, does it count if we answer in other languages? BTW, Icon, if you ever found a way to down/up size the pics, please let me know; I’ve been tearing my hair out the whole morning trying to ‘fit’ them onto page.

asianmom, photobucket will resize it for you.

Divea , thanks.I started with imageshack, got it right at last!
Here’s more photos:

the celebrated Taj

fruit vendor

traffic police

moat outside Red Fort in Agra

elaborate carvings on wall

our favorite photo

There is simply no way to take a bad pic of the Taj… except the locals holding the top up like an onion. And they dare to give me looks when I do the Taiwanese salute V sign…

countryside outside Delhi

how the winds are blowing…

cows walking on street

train museum for the kids

Qutb Minar

our private tour guide made my daughter hold it up like a drop of water, heh heh.
yeah, the Taj is always fantastic ; some say it’s best at dawn and dusk.

Train Museum is not just for kids… no trains where I come from. :smiley: I wanted so bad to get on the train they had running around, though. Not enough excitement on teh overnight one. The kids must have had a blast.

Yes they did. BTW, did you solve your problem with the image size? I found out one has to resize them before upload, nothing could be done after.