India : Man sues his parents for giving birth to him

Seems reasonable :thinking: :smirk:

2 Likes

Interesting. :slight_smile:

I am going to have to sue you _ for being interesting @Charlie_Jack :grin:

2 Likes

%E4%B8%8B%E8%BC%89

2 Likes

Well, the thing could be a good starting point for societal discussions of other issues. On the other hand, the article says some people have reactions such as “Go kill yourself,” and “I don’t want my child to see this,” so I’m not going to get my hopes up about it. :slight_smile:

But it made me think about some things I haven’t thought about in a while.

It goes without saying that my parents had sexual urges, but I think they also thought of procreation as something one is supposed to do, and maybe something that’s fulfilling at an emotional or even an existential level.

My dad wrote a little memoir in which he said that the first time he witnessed my mother in labor, he decided not to have sex anymore.

I’m the third child, and I definitely resemble his side of the family in some ways, so I’m pretty sure he changed his mind. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You never know – maybe she found another way to get you to your destination. :rainbow:

As for shocking labor, you humans ain’t seen nothin’.

https://youtu.be/jqsuqLObYiY?t=32

1 Like

But why would one-eyed aliens need bifocals? They can’t focus! Arghh, worst episode ever.

1 Like

This seems like something an angst-ridden American millennial would do, so I’m a bit surprised it’s in India. Guess snowflake culture is going global.

1 Like

@Dawud

You just don’t understand Rigellian culture. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I would be pissed if i was born in India. It doesn’t look very nice. Toilets are a luxury there.

Depends where you live and your socioeconomic class.

Anti-natalism is a pretty old idea, I’m a fan. Not having kids because nothing in life can make up for dying.

That sounds more like nihilism.

Countersue for costs, pain and suffering.