Indigenous Women and Dating

Yeah but I actually took a DNA test. You should too.

What’s your experience ?

Unless I am mistaken 山地人 is a Taiwanese mandarin term. Mainland term for Taiwan aboriginals is usually 高山族

One of my fav bands in Taiwan is an indigenous group from Taidung. They are awesome!

Married to an aboriginal for 10 years, together for 14, and have friends that are aboriginal. You?

Yes thank you this is what I meant. Blanket term for 13 separate tribes.

Blanket term, you mean like “Taiwanese aboriginal”?

Sure.

Sorry I don’t know this place, but I think the feeling comes from her work in Australia, I also know a few of her professors and colleagues at the indigenous culture park near Sandimen where really against it.

Again I think this was influenced by their work and study abroad.

If you look at the government and media you will see a lot of the branding has been changing over the last 10 years.

And one of Taiwan’s few voices in the world is on the UN indigenous forum UNPFII its only a guest seat but at least it’s there.

When I was a kid I thought it was ok to call someone a Wog and it was even on my jam in the morning.

Times change, people change, we only move on with respect.

But also think about the 56 minorities in China they are all separate. Why then are the 13 separate tribes in Taiwan lumped together?

Actually they are not, several of the terms used are blanket terms.

Whatever.

Colonials like the Chinese who stole their land?

Sound like colonials everywhere.
Did the Chinese take slaves from Taiwan?
Genuine question as I don’t remember seeing anything about that.

Ok, so that’s settled then, you have no point. :grin:

Other than mainland Chinese should not use a term - that mainland Chinese don’t actually use - because it is a blanket term for a blanket concept that everyone else refers to using blanket terms.

1 Like

Sure you win. My point was that it was a blanket term. You got stuck on semantics. For what purpose… I dunno

Fixed it!

1 Like

Really? Ok. Which of the other 56 minorities is a blanket term for 16 distinct (officially 16 tribes) tribes each with their own language? Seems like a lot to just lump into 高山族。 I didn’t really care enough to debate this with you but since you care so much…

Miao

(On a side note how many Taiwanese aboriginals do you think there are in China, like they really need to break it down into sixteen subgroups due to the tens of millions of Taiwanese Aboriginals living in China or something?)

Yeah, you’re terrible at naming threads.

2 Likes