Indonesian caregiver abuses old man

So racist against the Brit’s lol @finley

I don’t get why I’m racist or which race I’m even racist towards if from personal experience, if I make a selective choice not to hire people from countries that have great human rights if I don’t know them. Like if I’m checking a list of people to hire to take care of my family, I think it’s reasonable to make that decision. Am I also racist saying I wouldn’t go to the favelas in Brazil?

it could be the same prejudice that westerners have to Taiwanese.

yes, people from developed countries could give worse outcome if having to do the same job in taiwan under the same condition.

If I had to make the choice between a British caregiver and a Thai caregiver, I’d pick the Thai. Culturally, Thais are more likely to be caring.

Well taiwan isn’t at the top of the list for humans rights so. It’s up there but there’s a lot of messed up stuff like giving drug offenses the death penalty.

If you randomly selected from people willing to do the job for equally low compensation, I bet you would.

1 Like

And I wouldn’t call you a racist for making that presumption. We have to make the best choice and I don’t see why we can’t use knowledge to determine.

I would say it’s only racist if I’m not willing to change my stereotypes after meeting the person. But if I had to choose, I’d avoid people from certain countries off the bat.

I have to disagree. I would still bet on the more developed country. Don’t see how that’s racist.

I can’t see how either.

Just one poster, tando, called your post racist. This hasn’t turned into some ‘get the racist’ thing. Everybody else is just replying to your posts.

But I 100% understand your point of that out of the people that would take the job the discrepancies would be minimal. I still would take into account where they’re from making the choice if I’m limited in the information I have.

Alright, I’m just confused on why @tando thinks it’s racist.

Did you ever wonder about how many sick old people are abused by family members taking care of them and getting upset over time. Caring for someone can be tiring and nerve racking, and some people can’t take that, so they become abusive.

1 Like

Ok, if it is not the definition of racist, I’d say it is discriminatory.

You’ll have to ask tando that.

I guess my point is that such discrepancies are basically economic and not necessarily cultural. We could probably identify cultures that tend to be more peaceful or violent, but it wouldn’t break down into 1st/3rd world I think. I’ve thought before I can’t really imagine hiring some random person to come live in my home and with my family, no matter where they’re from really.

You’re probably right.

Are you being discriminatory when you avoid the favela in Brazil? You got to make important choices based on limited information. I would say it’s discrimination if I would never do it even if I’m Given the full run down on the person.

How about this, would you rather get treated in a Indonesian hospital or an American one if it costs the same.

I cannot know how it is different from saying my company doesn’t hire black people to do important things. because they tend tend to be lazy, uneducated, not do things correctly, etc.

According to Wikipedia, “discrimination is treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction towards, a person based on the group, class, or category to which the person is perceived to belong.” Doesn’t your statement completely fit to this definition?

I’d compare the two hospitals and choose one that provides better medical service.

Legally yeah it may be discriminatory depending on the countries laws. But I’m not a business making discriminatory hiring decisions. we make discriminatory decisions every day based on limited information and change things when we learn more. Do I trust these random people walking into a ghetto project etc.

With limited information on the hospitals. You’re dying with limited time and you want to spend time checking out the hospital and the doctors credentials? Any reasonable person would pick the American hospital if all you know is one is American and one Indonesian.

Racist Bastard :rofl::wink: