Inexpensive Liquor and Store

I usually buy my liquor from a small wholesaler on the street just south of the small parkade near the corner of Xiang Shang Rd. and Zhong Ming Nan Rd. (I can’t be certain, but it looks like Jing Cheng 23rd. St. on Google Maps). It’s a small place that just has an unlit “Wine” sign outside. There are lots of boxes, and the place is a bit disorganized, but the prices are pretty good. He used to have Havana Club rum and one from the Philippines called La Tondena Anejo, both of which I liked, especially considering the price. Now he only has Myers ($480NT), and he only has one kind of port.

That’s one place. Does anyone else have any good suggestions? Can anyone recommend an inexpensive-yet-smooth drink?

suntory 43 whisky’s not bad and not expensive.

I went back to that store tonight and they have that rum in there from the Philippines again. It’s $450NT/bottle. It sure makes for a nice sipping rum. For those looking for it, the sign says “Wine Cellar”.

The big hypermarkets usually have the best selection and good prices.

I admit I’ve only really looked at Carrefour, but they just have Bacardi white rum which I don’t really like. The Taiwanese are just not lovers of rum.

However, just shopping around I’ve seen Glenfiddich 18-year-old Single Malt for $1,400NT in another store, but I think it’s more at Carrefour. I’m not sure about Ai-Mai (sp?) or Save and Safe.

What is the price on Havana Club at the first place you mentioned?

I didn’t see it when I was there last time. I don’t think he’s had it for a while, which is why I had to buy Myers’s. I’ll ask next time I’m there, but I have my La Tondena and my Myers’s, so I don’t think I’ll be there too soon unless I just drop in on my way by.