Infant care in Taichung

Hello,

My wife and I have accepted an expat assignment in Taichung starting in August. We have a 1 year old boy. Can anyone offer recommendations for infant childcare?
Any input is appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your time.

My wife and I moved to Taichung in October (with a 1 year old). It’s a place I traveled to for 10 years before my company asking me to work on-site. Thankfully I was able to visit/research a lot of daycare places before moving.

I looked at 3 daycare/nursery school facilities. The hard part was finding schools which take kids under 2…but there are definitely a few. In the end, we chose Jian Sheng school near Taichung City hall. A few teachers spoke English which was great. I toured the facilities a few months before the move and I felt it was much cleaner and more lively than any other daycares I visited. The kids seemed happy as were the teachers…

Here is the website:
http://www.jskid.com.tw/index.jsp?_goBunitId=10

It has been 7 months and our son has done great. We speak to him in English and Japanese at home…but I guess he is listening/picking up some Chinese at school (even though I’m sure the teacher uses English for him a lot). Honestly, I wouldn’t recommend the other two places I visited.

Once the child is over 2, it seems many more options open up. But for the time being, I’d definitely recommend checking out Jian Sheng! Any more questions let me know!

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply! My wife and I have posted in social media and multiple forums and this is the first promising reply we’ve received.
We are going on a home finding trip next month, and we’re adding your recommendation to our itinerary.

Thank you again for taking the time to reply.

Hi Coppi51,

Thank you for writing to share this very, helpful information!

Could you share the cost/ fees of care at this center?

Also, what age do they go up to?

Thank you!

When we started him at the age of 1 year, the price was $10,000 NTD per month. I think there was also a quarterly fee (or maybe bi-yearly) of $12,000 NTD for supplies, etc.

At the age of 2, the monthly fee lowered to $9500 per month. It might continue to lower as time goes by.

I believe kids can go there until the age of 5. It’s a true Montessori school and he is learning some great stuff. There are also after school classes (building blocks, dance, etc) that the child can sign up for after the age of 2.5.

Best of luck!

Great information!

Thank you so much!!