Info required for sending $$$ to foreign bank?

Hi, all.

I need to pay some money into a bank account in the Netherlands, but I always have a hard time at the bank even when trying to do a simple local transfer. So I want to make sure I have all the info I need to do this in one fell swoop.

So, can anyone list exactly what info I need to supply to do that? I will be going through ChinaTrust, if that makes any difference.

Thank you!

You should get the routing number of the bank you want. Usually you can find it on the Internet pretty easy.
All the account numbers.
Your address and phone number.
Your ID.
Your bankbook.
My bank has a PIN number if I want to transfer money.
Chops. If you have the Stamp thing.
The address and phone number of the other bank.

That should be enough.

You’ll need the appropriate ABA Codes, too. Your destination bank should provide you with everything you need to make a successful transfer.

Usually the first time I transfer at a bank I haven’t used before, they’ll ask for both my Passport and ARC, so you might want to bring both just in case. (Also, China Trust charges the most for transfers - the last time I used them they had upped their fee to $900NT. So, you might want to go to another bank that’s cheaper. You don’t need to have an account at the bank you transfer from.)

Many thanks, all!

Don’t forget the name and address of the bank you’re sending money to.

EDIT: Oh…Dr. McCoy already said that. :frowning: