Information on Covid Relief Packages

Your kids’ status in Taiwan is citizen, they are not on ARC, is this right?

whose ID did you input for parent info?

1 Like

yes

Mother’s

2 Likes

Are there anyone who tried to use an ARC/APRC as a parent ID? If so, how was the result?

I seen someone post on Facebook that their kids have Taiwanese citizen ship but they do not, their ARC was not accepted. I don’t know the person so take it as hearsay for now.

1 Like

I have been trying to apply for the 100k loan. I don’t know why but the site does not work.

Digital apartheid is real.

Did you go to a bank site?

Yeah, 6 more months!

2 Likes

Yes, I went to my bank’s site. I must then enter my ID number, birthdate, and a captcha number. IF it works (and 8 times out of 10 it does not) it sends a text to confirm. Then I go and enter all the information. Then when I do that, it freaking times out on me and that means I just spent 30 minutes entering all that information for nothing as if it does not work it simply shows you “this service is unavailable” without any option to save what you just entered, or anything.

By the time the web traffic slows down the slots will have filled up as they only have slots for 500,000 people anyways. So fat chance I’ll get it. It’s stuff like this that causes the site traffic to fill up anyways. Why they even have a limited spot for government backed loan?? Is the government that stingy?

I read at some bank you only have 10 min to apply.

Well there are a bunch of steps to take and as the website works off and on, there’s no way it’s going to work. As you have to count on ALL FOUR steps to not be “busy” and not get the “this service is unavailable” error page which would erase all of your work.

Stupid government program, why not just give everyone a 15k UBI (some politcians are talking about this) for the duration of the epidemic and call it good? Instead of jamming up websites or standing in line risking COVID exposure.

1 Like

More than 500000 people applied, and they are trying to increase the number.

MOL opened the “Real-time work plan with peace of mind” to non-citizen spouses of ROC citizen, and doubled the hours. Now, citizens and spouses of citizens can apply for hourly paid jobs at public sector for up-to 960 hours.

1 Like

I was able to get the application in at night, but unfortunately I was denied. Did not say why.

BS bank loans in Taiwan, it’s so hard for Taiwanese to get loans, not sure how foreigners are even getting it. For a government backed loan it sure is hard to get (which is ironic considering that it shouldn’t be so hard to get).

This is in contrast with the US where I was able to get a credit card with a 700 dollar limit on the second week of landing!! Without any income verification or anything, and no credit (which is worse than bad credit).

Same as @SuiGeneris.

My kids have dual citizenship. My wife applied for it because I was at work.
We were able to get 10k each for both kids.

My wife wanted to get it ASAP, so we did not try to get it with my ID. :disappointed:

3 Likes

Apparently some can get it and use the low interest loan to play on the the stock market.

2 Likes

Well I found out that a lot of people were denied too. Like only 1/3 of applicants was approved. So the loan is BS anyways because if you somehow met the criteria you didn’t need it in the first place.

1 Like

They are adding 27k APRC holders.

2 Likes

Last minute change right. SO generous. Throw the dogs a bone.

2 Likes

Details? Link? Thanks

What about JFRV holders?