Information on Covid Relief Packages

Wow, between this bone and donating 21,600 boxes of I-Mei puffs to Lithuania as a thank you for the vaccines, the generosity is truly heartwarming. :grin:

Is it time to crank out the #taiwancanhelp hashtag again?

2 Likes

I guess Taiwan News will report it soon.
I will add a link when I would find an English source.

I’m not sure whether you were referring to the business loans or child subsidy, but it seems that this refers to all of the APRC holders in Taiwan (Google says 20,408 as of last October), right?

As in, the proportion of those people eligible/likely to apply is presumably a lot lower than 27k?

1 Like

It looks like APRC holders will be treated equally to nationals if eligible to any package. I guess most of their kids already got child subsidy.

1 Like

Those who have permanent residency status in Taiwan, 27000 foreigners, are also included in the bailout claims.

More detail in this article.
Some relief for low income migrant workers.
Payments to families who lost members to covid19 to help with burial costs.

Only permanent residents were mentioned. JFRV holders can apply for APRC after 5 years when they meet certain criteria.

holders of ARC based on marriage to citizens are eligible to “Real-time work plan with peace of mind”. The requirements are/will be lowered.

“Real-time work plan with peace of mind”?

I’m feeling a little dimmer than usual today. What is this?

2 Likes

Thanks.

Not clear either.

I just tried the 10000.gov.tw site with my APRC number, no dice.

1 Like

I don’t expect they can change things so quickly.

Google gave me the translation. I think a reverse translation is not so far from the original terms.

They are also planning condolence money for the victims of the epidemic. I’m not sure if a non-citizen victim included.

1 Like

Thanks a lot @tando. You don’t have to do what you do but, it is appreciated.

1 Like

Was your ID rejected?
Your kids are Taiwan nationals or are on a resident visa?

This is what I get;

One kid on APRC other on ARC, both rejected. I’m using the “old” ARC format.

So all this discrimination just to avoid paying 27k people ? Seriously how pathetically stingy is Taiwan?

4 Likes

Ooh ooh ooh, I can help predict the answer to that.

It’ll be interesting to see what they come up with. Perhaps a NT$101 7-11 gift card per deceased relative, to be shared among lineal descendants (citizens with household registration only, thank you for your understanding).

1 Like

The Executive Yuan Council passed the Relief 4.0 Refinement Program on the 24th, adding a new NT$100,000 death and funeral grant for the families of those who died of confirmed infections.

edited
@tando fixed

1 Like

I feel something is not accurate here.

is there link about this relief in Chinese - infected patients ?

Post 117

Information on Covid Relief Packages - #117 by slawa

An the translation was fixed:

thanks for the link.