Information overload... help a(nother) newbie?

It’s a bit funny how transcripts are a less valid proof of being a graduate than a paper that can and is easily forged here. :noway: Okay, getting off my soapbox before I can even get on it.

If you came in November and stayed for a year, you would get the tax reduction on the income earned January 2005 until you left since the taxes run from 1/1 to 12/31. You would get it, but not until next year. I do agree now that perhaps working a few months would be better than trying out the market now. Come to think of it, that’s what I did, but I had a job before I came (and still work there three school years later! I wish everyone could be so lucky!) so I wasn’t as worried about income. I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone, but rather just lining up interviews overseas and then doing the legwork once you got here. Best of luck to you.

The big chain schools are all pretty much the same. Within each chain the schools vary because often the problem comes from the manager or director.
If you choose KOJEN, get a salaried position - it’s true that after you’ve been here for a while you can make more getting paid by hour, but a lot of teachers at KOJEN find that when they first get here they don’t have enough hours. If money is tight, this is a serious problem. With a salaried position, it’s their problem, not yours - they have to pay you the salary anyways.