Ingress Taiwan

I doubt ill find anyone that plays Ingress here but anyway…

Level 8 Enlightened visiting Taichung in a week or so for two weeks.

Be awesome to meet with locals from either faction.

Also let me know if there are any rules in this area. Eg in Sydney we have the Hyde Park treaty.

If anyone need a invite code I have a spare code, but only willing to give the code after meeting in person. Willing to train and level you up.

:slight_smile:

Cheers

Taizhong is blue, as is Tainan. Gaoxiong is currently greening up a bit. People are putting up a green L8 portal in Taibei from time to time. Just check the comm and you will see what is going on. There are some foreigners playing, but I only know those in Gaoxiong.

Young people these days :slight_smile:. I looked that up on Wikipedia and have no clue what the point of the game in. Do you get to whack people over the head at any point?

You can if you want and if you meet someone from the other side, but it’s not actually part of the game. Besides, people may not be amused…

In the end, it is basically about covering territory, but to be able to do that, you need to gain experience (AP points) through certain actions like setting up a portal, linking portals, creating fields by linking three portals to a triangle, destroying enemy portals etc.

This is the computer game mothers have dreamed about for years, the one that can only be played outside, because the whole world is your playground…

Can you wear suits with special goggles and wave laser sticks and glow green when you vanquish your enemy?

Let’s say the rules are not forbidding it, so if you like… But most people stick out enough already: If you see someone walking around, maybe changing direction or doing a few steps back and forth while continuously staring at his phone/tablet, then you likely spotted an Ingress player. If he is feeding his phone from an external battery, then probability is 99%.

What an absolutely brilliant way for phone companies to make money from enhanced data traffic by zillions of misguided yoof.

Get off the airwaves and give us our fucking bandwidth back!

and to the mod who deleted my earlier comment that it looked like some kind of misguided Villains and Vigilantes? have you any idea what iI was talking about? of course it is, just bigger and more stoopid.

Thanks for the heads up, Ive checked on Intel and is aware that Taichung is mostly blue, Im looking forward to knocking those down.

Mr Troll, keep trolling away. If you dont know the game and have no interest, why dont you move along…? Here in Sydney, the age range is 30-40. We meet regularly to have beesr at the pub, create pop up farms, have dinners, meet new people, set out mission. Hence im on this board to meet new friends and play together. I wont waste my time explaining how deep this game can be to you.

You can if you want and if you meet someone from the other side, but it’s not actually part of the game. Besides, people may not be amused…

In the end, it is basically about covering territory, but to be able to do that, you need to gain experience (AP points) through certain actions like setting up a portal, linking portals, creating fields by linking three portals to a triangle, destroying enemy portals etc.

This is the computer game mothers have dreamed about for years, the one that can only be played outside, because the whole world is your playground…[/quote]

Funny enough, the other day a team mate was chatting with us and said, I keep telling my boy to get out and play ingress instead of sitting in front of his computer playing games. Go out and meet people and see the sights. Its amazing to visit landmarks and most of them are in beautiful places. I have so many Ingress stories to tell, my trip to portals at middle of the night and the crazy stuff you see while Ingressing,

[quote=“urodacus”]What an absolutely brilliant way for phone companies to make money from enhanced data traffic by zillions of misguided yoof.

and to the mod who deleted my earlier comment that it looked like some kind of misguided Villains and Vigilantes? have you any idea what iI was talking about? of course it is, just bigger and more stoopid.[/quote]

The game is developed by Google, not the mobile companies. And it doesnt even take much data. Why dont you learn to chillax?

Seriously? Learn not to hate, learn to spell, learn not to troll, maybe your posted was deleted cus it was full of hate? btw it wasnt me that deleted you post.

Thanks for those who helped,

Ive learnt to stay away from forumosa. Forumosa Mods, you need to do a better job shutting down trolls and people of bad manners. Worst forum Ive ever been to.

To the haters, no need to reply to this. I wont be back here ever again.

Another spectacular fail from the good people of forumosa. Well done for making the guy feel like an asshole.

A sense of humour goes a long way, the first guy took it like a champ. On Ingress the rules are you get to turn portals blue or green with your phone. On Forumosa the rules are you need to give and take a bit and have a bit of fun in the process. :discodance:

You are RIGHT! Well done you. I fall at your feet. :notworthy: Sign me up for your fan club.

[quote=“urodacus”]What an absolutely brilliant way for phone companies to make money from enhanced data traffic by zillions of misguided yoof.

and to the mod who deleted my earlier comment that it looked like some kind of misguided Villains and Vigilantes? have you any idea what iI was talking about? of course it is, just bigger and more stoopid.[/quote]

I don’t know, it looks pretty nifty to me. It appears to be about exploring and socializing, and no one actually gets hurt. Seems entirely reasonable. Hell, I’m going to sign up and play resistance so I can pretend to be Rowdy Roddy Piper from “They Live!” Dumpster professional wrestling fight scene here I come! :discodance:

EDIT: Looks like I’m out of luck, beta invites don’t appear to be readily accessible. :frowning:

My memory of that film is that it was frickin sweet. I hope it hasn’t aged too much. To YOUTUBE!!!

Roddy about to wig out.

[quote=“standinside”]
Ive learnt to stay away from forumosa. Forumosa Mods, you need to do a better job shutting down trolls and people of bad manners. Worst forum Ive ever been to.

To the haters, no need to reply to this. I wont be back here ever again.[/quote]

Wow, a two-post wonder.

You must be really serious about social networking. Get back to facebook, fiend. :roflmao:

What a cry baby.