Innocent yet humerous translations

This just had to be shared…

Now and then I stumble across a strange or humerous translation. We are just manufacturing a new product here (for the US market), we already make an ‘A’ series… and are changing the new models to a ‘G’ prefix starting with G8, all innocent enough you would think… but here is an excerpt from an email explaining

[quote]
Ohh… and something else that will make you laugh… the new ‘G’ series… they don’t like it here…

The issue… well how it translates… I mean take G8 (GeeBa)… how’s your Taiwanese? If it is as bad as mine you will be forgiven for not knowing that it means pussy, I was asked are you really going to write that on the box, I replied “yes, in big bold red font”… :astonished: :loco:

Funniest thing was them trying to explain to me the meaning… went something like (loosely translated) “a woman’s chicken nugget” ??? :smiley:[/quote]

Any more innocent yet humerous translations ?

G8??
gee ba?

I thought that the pronounciation of that particular word in Taiwanese was Gee-bai???
no…???

As for another slip-up in Chinese.:

Once I told a coworker that she forget her “Bao-pi” on the chair in the restuarant when we all had eaten lunch.

She looked at me in shock.

I meant to say Pi-bao (purse) and ended up saying bao-pi (scrotum).

:blush:

[quote=“jdsmith”]G8??
gee ba?

I thought that the pronounciation of that particular word in Taiwanese was Gee-bai???
no…???

As for another slip-up in Chinese.:

Once I told a coworker that she forget her “Bao-pi” on the chair in the restuarant when we all had eaten lunch.

She looked at me in shock.

I meant to say Pi-bao (purse) and ended up saying bao-pi (scrotum).

:blush:[/quote]

bao-pi is foreskin. I’ve made the same mistake in the past. :laughing:

[quote=“Tigerman”]bao-pi is foreskin. I’ve made the same mistake in the past. :laughing:[/quote]Yes, it could be embarrassing, I have almost admitted to having a purse too :blush:
But now we know what to call a woman’s bits in the D&R Forum - “Chicken Nugget”

one skin
two skin
three skin…

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“Tigerman”]bao-pi is foreskin. I’ve made the same mistake in the past. :laughing:[/quote]Yes, it could be embarrassing, I have almost admitted to having a purse too :blush:
But now we know what to call a woman’s bits in the D&R Forum - "Chicken Nugget"[/quote]

What about a filet o fish?

All this talk on “G8” is making me sick. Do carry on.

You don’t like “Groups of Eight”?

I’ve always double checked my pronunciation when I order a thin crust (bao pi) Domino’s pizza. I sure as heck don’t want any surprise toppings! :sick:

I’ve always double checked my pronunciation when I order a thin crust (bao pi) Domino’s pizza. I sure as heck don’t want any surprise toppings! :sick:[/quote]

OK that caused a REAL LOL…jesus…glad i wasn’t drinking coffee! :slight_smile:

[quote]

Funniest thing was them trying to explain to me the meaning… went something like (loosely translated) “a woman’s chicken nugget” ??? :smiley:[/quote]

Loosely translated it means “sesame”

I should add this to the pick-up lines post…"hey baby, I wanta put my bao-pi next to your gee ba :wink: "

I was joking about carrying it on. “G8” is the equivalent of the C word. More precisely the word “cunt”.

I am terribly offended by it.

[quote=“Dave’s girl”]I was joking about carrying it on. “G8” is the equivalent of the C word. More precisely the word “cunt”.

I am terribly offended by it.[/quote]

It’s ok…we’re talking about foreskin now. :slight_smile: