Instant China visas obtainable at ShenZhen ferry terminal

I unexpectedly had to get to Beijing for a 2 day meeting today… I searched and posted about landing visas and there was a couple of threads about obtaining mainland visas at HK Int. airport… apparently minimum half day delay was unavoidable… all in all sounded like a big hassle… As landing visas are still unavailable at any of the major cities, the easiest method seems to be Fu-Yong…

what you can do is just take the TurboJet ferry from HKG Int. airport to ShenZhen Aiport (Fu-Yong) ferry terminal… it takes about 1 hour… once you get off the boat as you approach immigration there is visa office, (not China Travel Services) but it’s the only one, so you can’t go wrong…

in about 10 mins they’ll issue you a singe, double or multiple entry ( valid 6 months) visa… all you need is a single passport photo and the 6 month multiple entry cost me HK$1300 ( for non US citizens )

you then pass customs and enter China right there at the ferry terminal and take the 5 min free shuttle bus to ShenZhen airport and catch/book your onward flight to wherever you’re going…

hope this saves some folks a wasted day in the airport…

What did u state as ur purpose of coming?

They do not ask to c your passport, to find out whether you have entered China before?

No bank statement and insurance card inspected?

Thank you, :)!

Yes, I’ve been told the same by a friend that very frequentely travels to east china. They now go via shenzhen instead of via hk, very convenient he says.

Well from Taiwan they fly to hk, but visa is issued in shenzhen ferry terminal instead of hk.

Then they fly shenzhen-bejing or other airport in china. Cheaper!!! :laughing:

The important thing in this message is ‘for non US citizens’. 2 weeks ago I got a 6mth visa at Shekou,Shenzhen border via ferry from HKIA, just a few mins very fast (Brit).

1 mth ago we also traveled across the border by car from HKG (forget the crossing name), my US collegue was turned away and had to return to HK. I had previously got a visa there 6mths ago…

US passport holders don’t seem to be able to get landing visa’s at the border at the moment

true… I think it may be tricky for US citizens… in a reasonable if inconvenient move, Beijing has decided that since george w. now makes Chinese citizens jump through hoops for months to get a US visa, according to the reciprocal agreement that apparently is in place, China will make US citizens jumps though hoops to get into China…

To answer the questions above:

purpose of entry: business
bank slips? insurance card?: none of their business
check passport for previous entry: it just so happened that my old passport (which has about 1 billion old china and taiwan visas in it) was full and I had just received the virgin new one, which is what I gave them so there was no indication that I’d been to China before on the passport at least and they didn’t ask…

for what it’s worth I was told by other people at the meeting here in Beijing that you can get landing visas flying into Shanghai, and from past experience I have seen a “visa office” just before passport control in SH airport, but I’ve never gotten a visa there personally so I can’t say…

thank you for that post! It’ll come in handy for many people, including myself.

Actually there seem to be CTS China Tour Services (effectively a visa office) attached to most immigration centres these days. Saw one at Zhuhai the other day. Not sure on the hours - but the visa office in Shenzhen’s open till late.

There has been some retaliation to the crackdown on foreigners entering the US with a refusal to issue same day visas at the China border to yanks.

Saw a notice about it in Shenzhen. Fine for everyone else though.

HG

Do you have the addresses of the visa offices?

Thank you, :)!

I so totally wish these threads were merged. I’m going to China (or not) in short order and haven’t a baldy how to get a quick visa. I’ll probably just give some Taiwanese travel agent my grandchildren’s inheritance, but it’s the time more than the cost (he lied) that’s the worry. Ten days? Not likely. What a frigging hassle. Next time I’m getting a one billion year multiple entry. The visa’s nearly as much as the ticket.

Well, first up it’s not the Shenzhen ferry terminal, it’s the Shekou Ferry terminal and like the Shenzhen or Lo Wu border crossing, the CTS office is before you hit the customs man who stamps your passport. It’s the same at the Zhuhai Ferry pier and the Gong Bei crossing from Macau to Zhuhai.

Lord Lucan, living in Taiwan and battling the mad resident and other visa hassles has made you think too much.
It’s a piece of piss. A quick trip to Central followed by one night camped in my spare room and you will have yourself a one-year multiple entry visa which allows you to reside for a full-year in China. If this doesn’t happen, then I will with great humility, carry you and your possessions to wherever in China you choose to go.

Unlike Taiwan, China is serious about attracting people and not stifling business opportunities.

HG

EDIT: In fact, if tyou send me your passprt/passports, I will get you that visa within 24 hours. You don’t even have tio be here.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]

EDIT: In fact, if tyou send me your passprt/passports, I will get you that visa within 24 hours. You don’t even have tio be here.[/quote]

You should make a business out of this. I have to go to China in August…

Unfortunately you need a HK entry stamp, or so I’m told. Darn! Couldda been a fine little earner.

HG

Go to Macao. Return. HK entry stamp!

Edit: Sorry, didn’t read the previous post… :blush:

Well, first up it’s not the Shenzhen ferry terminal, it’s the Shekou Ferry terminal and like the Shenzhen or Lo Wu border crossing, the CTS office is before you hit the customs man who stamps your passport. It’s the same at the Zhuhai Ferry pier and the Gong Bei crossing from Macau to Zhuhai.

Lord Lucan, living in Taiwan and battling the mad resident and other visa hassles has made you think too much.
It’s a piece of piss. A quick trip to Central followed by one night camped in my spare room and you will have yourself a one-year multiple entry visa which allows you to reside for a full-year in China. If this doesn’t happen, then I will with great humility, carry you and your possessions to wherever in China you choose to go.

Unlike Taiwan, China is serious about attracting people and not stifling business opportunities.

HG

EDIT: In fact, if tyou send me your passprt/passports, I will get you that visa within 24 hours. You don’t even have tio be here.[/quote]

HA! Cheers for the offer! The passports need a HK entry stamp in them so I can’t post them. Also, they are no longer issuing one-year ME visas. Hmmm. I would like to be carried to Sanya in Hainan. Giddy up!

Yes, looks like TST and The Spare Room beckon…