Instant Noodle Moguls are Taiwan's Richest

I would never expect these three words to be captured in the same sentence “Instant Noodle Moguls”.

5 Likes

I bet you they’re not eating instant noodles every night. Or ever.

3 Likes

Only in Asia instant noodles industry can be more profitable than tech companies. :grin:

3 Likes

If you see people loading up on cheap instant noodles, no wonder. It’s a daily staple.

How long can you do that withiut getting sick? Two weeks for me.

There has been a food scandal or two involving instant noodles also. Can’t keep them down…

1 Like

So, not nice to talk about appearances, I realise… but how can Guo have teeth like that? I’ve seen binlang addicts with a nicer grill :grimacing:

And guess exactly how much of a fuck he gives for your opinion of his dentistry?
I can assure you, neither the 1/3 of Taiwan that he owns nor his ex-peeler trophy wife are too worried about it either.

1 Like

Oh I get that, I was thinking more along the lines of oral health not “he should care what I think”. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Wow. Guess it makes sense seeing as 10% of all the shelves in any given store are just instant noodles. Not even counting real noodles. Its pretty amazing to step back and take in the quantity.

I need to get into this business. I’m sure I can make a even better instant noodle.

I Heard the noodle kings started with borrowing 2 million NTD and bringing some machines to China and starting the Kang Hsifu brand.

Want WAnt was the same, Started with little in Taiwan and branched into China making the Japanese style rice snacks.

They probably never in their wildest dreams thought they will become as big as they are today.

Food service sounds good because it’s essential but the competition is EXTREME. Either you play unfair or you offer something truly unique and people would grab them up. Probably for every instant noddle billionaires there are at least 100 people who invested tens of millions of NTD with nothing to show for it.

1 Like

Yeah, you see him in person, he does kind of have the look of a smoker and habitual Old Man Tea drinker.

The ones on the shelves probably pay more for ‘shelf space’!

True. But they seem to have come out richer than the supermarket ow ers this time.

Food products are a friggen nightmar to compete in. One of the heaviest regulated industries and one of the shittiest margins and one of the highest logistics costs. To make it a person has to be pretty smart and hard working, or corrupt.