Interesting blog of China supporters

A bunch of blokes who like to complain about Western media “propaganda”, and the way it portrays the Chinese government and China in general.

Here’s one of their latest blog posts.
blog.hiddenharmonies.org/2013/03 … ment-club/

I only read it, I never post. For those of you who have more knowledge about International Politics, you might be interested in participating in the discussions.

[quote=“bumclouds”]A bunch of blokes who like to complain about Western media “propaganda”, and the way it portrays the Chinese government and China in general.

I only read it, I never post. For those of you who have more knowledge about International Politics, you might be interested in participating in the discussions.[/quote]

Then they are looking to find examples that reinforce a belief they already have. I’m sure they can find plenty of examples of Western media unfairly portraying China and the Chinese government. Then again there are plenty of examples where the negative press is entirely accurate. But little point having a discussion with people who have already got a fixed perception, even you could convince them that one issue they discuss is not unfair, or not without merit, you could never convince them that their overall perception is incorrect.

True and the same goes for people wanting to believe everything they see in the media. It swings both ways. I am wary of the media, even respectable outlets. When they get a story wrong, or submit a false story, they do so with conviction. News outlets are not just objective journalistic ventures, but in fact politically motivated , and political mouth pieces. There are other rumour mills like think tanks, but that’s another thread. :smiley:

[quote=“bumclouds”]A bunch of blokes who like to complain about Western media “propaganda”, and the way it portrays the Chinese government and China in general.

I only read it, I never post. For those of you who have more knowledge about International Politics, you might be interested in participating in the discussions.[/quote]

I hate that blog. I used to participate but stopped doing so. The articles circle endlessly around the same theme: “the Western press is conspiring to vilify China.” Any attempt to refute the points rationally is met by gang-ups of regulars on the forum that slam you and support each other. There is no “fair and open debate” by Western standards.

A favorite tactic of their is to constantly refer you to other articles they have posted. I think they are just going for hit count, and I personally regard the site as an advanced form of propaganda: 50 centing for people with advanced degrees.

I’ve noticed that.