Interesting videos of knowledge

1 Like

I’ve been following Kirsten Dirksen on yt since 2014 or so. She’s published hundreds of hours of videos about home ownership, what “home” means, and alternative viewpoints about both.

Since 1968 this Californian has owned 400 acres of redwood woodland in Mendocino County, California. That’s a long time. Kind of a modern ent, in a way.

She has 1.3M followers? That one? I ask because someone I know is trying to learn, they’re young and will respond better to YT videos than talking about it.

Not sure I understand the question. Are you asking about why she’s so popular? Or are you asking if I’ve shared the right contributor? Or?

In an attempt to clear up any confusion about who she is or what she makes, here is her yt channel.

In my opinion, her content is probably too thoughtful to catch the attention of most of us Americans. I think she has put in a lot of hard work to get those 1.3m pairs of eyeballs.

eta: When I started following her in 2014, I think she had something like 20,000 subscribers. Now when I look at her channel, it looks like she has put together a team larger than just her husband and her. Here is a link to her company website.

1 Like

Yea that’s the person I found when I searched. I was actually just trying to verify if I found the right person you were mentioning in your post.

Thanks for the link. I’ll pass it on.

1 Like

Lego statistics!

New from Oregon Public Media. Fascinating look at Mount St. Helens this spring. This is what much of Earth must have looked like millions of years ago.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

This one is cool. Worth the watch and it’s less than 5min long.

2 Likes

Its fascinating that we didn’t know about these. We like to believe that we know most fundamental things about the world but we are still clueless. I think we are at the tail end of the process that started with renaissance. I’ll give it another century until we finish that process and become an advanced society.

1 Like

At 0:08 you can briefly see @Andrew0409 's hideout

4 Likes

Snapshot of days gone by. Surely Tower is now absent from Taipei?

1 Like

Been gone for a long time now! I think the space in Dinghao is still a music store.

1 Like

Did you see anybody or any bands that you recognize?

I didn’t bother going in :slight_smile: I will next time to see what it looks like.

Apologies if this has already been posted.

2 Likes

I didn’t know they made Yuanxiao with walnut filling before Europeans brought peanuts from South America.

1 Like

Doublespeak, lying while saying the truth!

2 Likes