Interfering in another country's internal affairs

[quote=“jenpenguin”]Besides, the topic is about Interfering in another country’s internal affairs. I do not think Taiwanese and China is one country, but two countries, which are Taiwan and China. Therefore, this matter is not related to a counry’s internal affairs.

Jenny[/quote]I believe it refers to foreigners interfering in Taiwan’s internal affairs by complaining about our rights.

OK, so one country refers to Taiwan, but not combing Taiwan and China. Regarding yesterday’s demonstraction by mainland spouses, maybe it is better to say foreigners interfering in another country’s affairs without the word of internal? Sorry for my poor English.

From the China Post chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/deta … 1455&GRP=B[quote]The Taiwan Solidarity Union (TSU), the outspoken pro-independence party, is utterly against granting citizenship to mainland spouses, said a party whip, Legislator Chen Chien-ming.

He said unemployment is already high in the Taiwan, and mainland spouses should not be given citizenship allowing them to compete with locals in the job market.

He also cautioned the mainland spouses against breaking the law by joining today’s demonstration.

He said the spouses are in Taiwan with visas allowing them to “visit or stay with” their families, and taking to the streets is a “political act” that can lead to their deportation.

He demanded the authorities with the Interior Ministry to deport any mainland spouses participate in the protest.[/quote]
And From the Taipei Times: taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003068655[quote]“As long as the People’s Republic of China’s 600 missiles are still targeted at Taiwan, the TSU suggests the MAC extend the time Chinese spouses must wait for identification cards to 15 years,” Chen Chien-ming said.[/quote]
Why would Lee “Mr Democracy” Denghui associate with these people ?

I was wondering about that myself.

As you know, there are thousands of Taiwanese living and working on the mainland with or without being married to a PRC citizen.

Huh?

Mainland spouses can have children whether they have ROC ID cards or not, so your question is irrelevant to the demands of the demonstration.

Whether or not people can get an ROC ID card is obviously an internal affair of the ROC.

The United Nations does not recognize Taiwan as a country. The international community does not recognize the appellation “Republic of China.”