I’m a PhD student in medical anthropology from Germany and working on a research project on the Chinese medicine community in Taiwan and its efforts to engage in international exchange and relationship building. In a way, my project is about diplomacy, but aside from official government or institutional diplomacy I’m also interested in how individuals work with and relate to colleagues, patients, students etc. abroad or from abroad. Of course I have already built some connections and have contacts, but I wanted to ask here additionally if people have ideas and could point me towards the following:
- foreigners studying or practicing Chinese medicine in Taiwan
- doctors of Chinese medicine that commonly treat foreigners
- Chinese medicine doctors or teachers that teach foreigners
- Chinese medicine doctors that have been or are currently abroad to teach, study or practice
- institutions, NGOs, etc. that engage in exchange between Taiwan and other countries in the field of traditional medicine
- workshops, blogs, websites, publications, any resources that relate to the above
I would appreciate any hints and am happy to answer any questions!