International Schools in Taichung

Hi

I’m new to this Forum, and not yet even resident in Taiwan.

I’m relocating to Taichung at the end of the year.

I’m looking for schooling for my 14 year daughter. She has been studying in Bangkok Patana School in Bangkok since she was 3 years old. This school is a British System school.

Any advise on good International Schools in Taichung (or even not in Taichung, as there seems to be very few).

Any advice or suggestions are welcome. Age 14 is critical time during education, and it seems that we have little choice but to look at switching across to an American System School. I know next to nothing about the American Education System.

I’m visiting Taichung next week, and hope to take in a few schools, so far we are booked to visit AST and Ivy Collegiate (Morrisons is currently closed for holiday). Any others I should be looking at?

I also hear that there is a Waldorf School in Taichung. Does anyone have any experience of this school? Is it English Language based?

Is schooling our child outside of Taichung a real possibility?

Seems that options are very limited

I know many of the forum members are already teachers, so some inside info is welcome too.

Thank you all very much

Morrison Academy is a very good school, on par with TAS in Taipei

Morrison is an American Fundamentalist System School. TAS is for ABC kids who like drugs better than Jesus.

There are two Waldorf junior and high schools in Taichung
Leichuan in Beitun Area (North District)
Haisiann near Taichung harbor (East Cost)
They can not be called an ‘international’ or ‘bilingual’ school
Classes are taught in Chinese language
Good luck

Waldorf education follows the principles of Austrian occultist Rudolf Steiner. For example, they refuse to teach children to read until they reach the age of 7, because they believe growth occurs in 7-year cycles.

Thank you to everyone for their comments… Does anyone know anything about Wagor International School of Excellence?

Hello everyone. I need your help. I will study in Taichung, Taiwan and I intend to bring my daughter with me. My child is 6 years old. So please give me some suggestion about international schools that suitable for her in Taichung. I know about American School, is it good for a 6-year-old girl (she will come to grade 1 September 2019)
Moreover, whether she can come in semester 2 of the year (since January or February because my study will start from March)?
Thank you very much for your help.