Internet hookup

Good evening, I’m going to talk about a controversial subject, I hope this is OK to post here, if not I apologise…

Internet hookups.
I am a young european man in Taipei for a few weeks. I would like to know if there is a taiwan esquivalent to craigslist, or any way to find… Sexual partners. I don’t want an actual girlfriend because I’m here for so little time. I do this kind of stuff in europe from time to time with good success, I prefer this way than going to clubs etc… Please don’t be too quick to blame or hate me, I’m young and want to enjoy the island to the fullest. :whistle:

Cheers!

If you’re a decent-looking Westerner, you’ll likely have luck at a club. I’m told, though, that Taiwanese girls tend to think one-night stands are the opening to a long-term relationship.

Don’t pay too much attention to those confusing Thai prostitutes and Pattaya with Taiwanese women and Taiwan, Xizao. It seems there are still many people around who have a problem with consenting adults having sex. :unamused:

Anyway, I’ve seen a few people using Skout (I don’t have a phone myself).

[quote=“Xizao”]Good evening, I’m going to talk about a controversial subject, I hope this is OK to post here, if not I apologise…

Internet hookups.
I am a young european man in Taipei for a few weeks. I would like to know if there is a taiwan esquivalent to craigslist, or any way to find… Sexual partners. I don’t want an actual girlfriend because I’m here for so little time. I do this kind of stuff in europe from time to time with good success, I prefer this way than going to clubs etc… Please don’t be too quick to blame or hate me, I’m young and want to enjoy the island to the fullest. :whistle:

Cheers![/quote]

Hi Xizao, do you speak any Chinese ?

Not sure if trolling… ill bite though…
If that’s all you want from the island go to the skanky clubs and get it done with…, you can’t expect something that works in one country to work in another Mr. armchair playboy.

Thanks to NonTocareLeTete, antarcticbeech, Hokwongwei and Pein_11 for serious answers

I found what I wanted,
“meet people near you” apps like Skout and Badoo have been… very useful already. Definitely no need to go clubbing or pay !

And so you know it wasn’t “all I wanted from the island”. I’m travelling everywhere, mountain hiking, and loving every second of it! Have a nice day!

I don’t think his post is anything wrong. The situation is, however, cultural. Europeans are very open about sex, and casual sex along with one night stands are very common in Europe. In Taiwan, or any other Asian countries, you’ll have to expect no Asian girls are even close to that culturally. Even the ones that are willing, are expecting to get pregnant/get into a long term relationship with trap. I’m just saying, if you want a sexual culturally similar to Europe, your best bet would be trick one and that would be somewhat of a taboo. There are girls that are like that, but the sad thing is, most of them only do it with other Asian guys.

James, you are misguided if you think Taiwanese women aren’t into Euro-style romance. Especially if you think they only prefer to share such an experience with Asian guys. way off the mark bud. Waaay off. Now the Taiwanese men on the other hand…they have some catching up to do.

Well, quite. The OP doesn’t come across as an asshole or a predator (cf. Winston Wu, orJustin Lee). And I’m really not sure why some posters are regurgitating the stereotypes of naive, innocent little Chinese flowers being used and abused by those dirty old westerners. As long as everybody’s being honest at the outset, I don’t see what the problem is. Not my cup of tea, but whatever floats your boat, eh?

Ten years ago I might have suggested friendfinder.com, or it’s adult equivalent, but now it seems to have become a scam to collect subscription fees.

This.

People have been having sex for, like, an awfully long time, in all sorts of different ways. The only thing that changes (across times and cultures) is how much they lie about it.

EDIT: the “some posters” I was referring to seem to have been mostly deleted.

“I found what I wanted,
“meet people near you” apps like Skout and Badoo have been… very useful already. Definitely no need to go clubbing or pay !”

Seriously? Man, being white must be amazing at least in the short run.

I agree with you. A high percentage of Taiwanese girls who go to night clubs have double standard between western and local men. If a local says “I like you when I see you at the first glance”, she might think that’s disgusting, annoying and shallow except the guy who is very handsome, rich. On the contrary, she might be feel happy inside and think “What a romantic westerner”, I’ve never thought someday a foreigner would like me just like the fairy tale she read before. She becomes open-minded to have ONS which she probably has never done with a local. When they are together, the girl feels that she is more elegant and looks down on locals.

This is what the local men blame on. But only for this kind of girls not all those who have cross cultural romance.

Haha! Joke’s on them. I’m clinically sterile!

I’m arranging an internet hookup even as we speak.

ELECTRICITY bzzzzzzt! OW OW OW