Internet hunting?

Now this would be a great way to out some of that nasty aggression after a hard day at the bushiban. :laughing:

[quote]
That moose may soon be just a mouse click away

HOUSTON, Texas (Reuters) – Hunters soon may be able to sit at their computers and blast away at animals on a Texas ranch via the Internet, a prospect that has state wildlife officials up in arms.

The Web site already offers target practice with a .22 caliber rifle and could soon let hunters shoot at deer, antelope and wild pigs, site creator John Underwood said on Tuesday.

Underwood, an estimator for a San Antonio, Texas auto body shop, has invested $10,000 to build a platform for a rifle and camera that can be remotely aimed on his 330-acre (133-hectare) southwest Texas ranch by anyone on the Internet anywhere in the world.

The idea came last year while viewing another Web site on which cameras posted in the wild are used to snap photos of animals.

“We were looking at a beautiful white-tail buck and my friend said ‘If you just had a gun for that.’ A little light bulb went off in my head,” he said.[/quote]

edition.cnn.com/2004/US/11/16/li … index.html

See: [url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/get-hunting-with-a-real-gun/13709/1 hunting - with a real gun[/url]

They should set up a range like that in Fallujha.

That’s bloody stupid. Shooting targets is one thing, but implying this is ‘hunting’ is bull shit.
IMHO hunters (should) have the responsibility to minimise suffering to animals, i.e. be able to kill it as humanely as possible. Putting the web between the hunter and his/her target physically removes that responsibility.

On this thought, imagine if they set up Death Row firing squads with dozens of web linked rifles, each sold to the highest bidder? I bet there would be plenty of people willing to pay huge $$ to pull the trigger.

It must be a matter of time before the Middle East executions are shown live via web cam.

double banger…er…post