Internship in Taiwan

Hi, I am from India. I got an internship for 4 months and I am not sure about the visa procedures. I was notified that I will be able to do the internship with ‘a Visitor Visa for Internship / Training’ and for that I will have to get a ‘letter of offer’ from the company which has to be approved by the respective in-charge governmental authority in Taiwan (attestation of the letter of offer), when I told my employer about this they said that I should 2 years of work experience in order to get it approved. But I am a fresh graduate and have no prior work experience and since my employer asked me whether I could apply for a Tourist Visa or a Holiday.

Should I have 2 years of work experience just to get the letter of offer attested?
Will be able to do the internship using the Tourist Visa?

Would really appreciate it if you guys could help me out here.

Thanks.

Is it a paid internship? I think it would highly depend on that.

Yes, they will be paying me 10,000 NT$ per month.

Had had two interns in my office. One is a German national, another is a Spanish national. In both cases, they are using visitor visa when entering Taiwan.
Both were spending around 5 months in the company.
You may or may not get paid for the internship. (depends on the company)

Before you arrive in Taiwan, you need to make sure that:

1. you are registered as a student. throughout the internship period
  2. your nationality belongs to the “permitted” ones.
    (Nationals of Australia, Belgium, Canada, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Poland, and Slovakia using multiple entry visitor visa valid for 1 year)
    (Nationals of UK using single entry resident visa valid for 3 months)
    (Nationals of Austrian using multiple entry visitor visa valid for 6 months)

Details see this link
http://www.boca.gov.tw/public/Data/61291164471.pdf

I find it strange that the company giving you the internship does not give you the information needed. They are perfectly capable of finding out the legal details if their business is in taiwan instead of having a person not from taiwan find out themselves.

If I may ask, what kind of internship is it? Does it have a specific, official name?

Hi,
It is a work placement for 4 months.

It is their first time hiring someone from India, so they are not sure able the procedures as it changes depending upon the country (at least this is what I’m guessing).

This thread may shine some light on the question of internship visas.