Interview: Sylvester Stallone

Sly Stallone has another, and the last, chapter in the RAMBO series opening. I found this interview and thought it worth linking to.

Interview: Sylvester Stallone

I liked how he wrapped up the ROCKY series and it looks like he has brought a lot of thought to finishing up RAMBO also.

The guy may no be everyones cup of tea and scones, but he is no dummy.

I personally recommend the early writings of David Morrell who wrote the RAMBO:First Blood book upon which the character is based. His further writings and characters are quite different.

TC… I’m interested, are you a Vietnam vet? I’m interested to see what real vets made of the story and the whole vagabond/drifter thing in the first Rambo film. I understand that a great deal of the homeless in the US are made up of ex-servicemen. Is this correct?

Funky Dude -
Yes.

Statistics about the Vietnam War

Viet Nam War Facts

Viet Nam War Myths

Nam Vets Answer Questions*
* - I did not, to the best of my knowledge, participate in this sampling.

Hope this helps.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]

I liked how he wrapped up the ROCKY series and it looks like he has brought a lot of thought to finishing up RAMBO also.[/quote]

Let me guess since I won’t see it…

Rambo, runs for the Presidential election. Hey, if Mc Cain can do it, so can he.

Rambo, goes back to Vietnam and opens up a business called “Kumbaya Exports”

:smiley:

[quote=“Namahottie”]Let me guess since I won’t see it…
Rambo, runs for the Presidential election. Hey, if Mc Cain can do it, so can he.
:smiley:[/quote]
Now that you are back in the land of Tater Tots…have you found a Chi-Town supply of GaoLiang?

About 1/3 of the adult homeless population in the US are veterans. From the US Department of Veteran Affairs:

[quote]About one-third of the adult homeless population have served their country in the Armed Services. Current population estimates suggest that about 195,000 veterans (male and female) are homeless on any given night and perhaps twice as many experience homelessness at some point during the course of a year. Many other veterans are considered near homeless or at risk because of their poverty, lack of support from family and friends, and dismal living conditions in cheap hotels or in overcrowded or substandard housing.

Right now, the number of homeless male and female Vietnam era veterans is greater than the number of service persons who died during that war – and a small number of Desert Storm veterans are also appearing in the homeless population. Atlthough many homeless veterans served in combat in Vietnam and suffer from PTSD, at this time, epidemiologic studies do not suggest that there is a causal connection between military service, service in Vietnam, or exposure to combat and homelessness among veterans. Family background, access to support from family and friends, and various personal characteristics (rather than military service) seem to be the stronger indicators of risk of homelessness.

Almost all homeless veterans are male (about three percent are women), the vast majority are single, and most come from poor, disadvantaged backgrounds. Homeless veterans tend to be older and more educated than homeless non-veterans. But similar to the general population of homeless adult males, about 45% of homeless veterans suffer from mental illness and (with considerable overlap) slightly more than 70% suffer from alcohol or other drug abuse problems. Roughly 56% are African American or Hispanic.[/quote]

So that’s about 200,000 who are permanently homeless, and another 200,000 who will be homeless at some point in the year. Many others live in poverty but are not homeless (the VA doesn’t give a figure for this group).

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“Namahottie”]Let me guess since I won’t see it…
:smiley:[/quote]
Now that you are back in the land of Tater Tots…have you found a Chi-Town supply of GaoLiang?[/quote]

Haha! I wish, it would keep me warm in this cold as hell!!! But I’ll make do with the Tater Tots until 2009!!!

Nama -
Chicago has a lot of Chinese stores…certainly one of these can hook you up with some Tunnel 88…:smiley:

I even found it in Columbus Ohio…weird as that sounds.(not for drinking, I hate the stuff, used it for making Chinese herbal medicine. Finally switched to vodka)

delete

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Nama -
Chicago has a lot of Chinese stores…certainly one of these can hook you up with some Tunnel 88…:smiley:

I even found it in Columbus Ohio…weird as that sounds.(not for drinking, I hate the stuff, used it for making Chinese herbal medicine. Finally switched to vodka)[/quote]

Trust me I’ve searched High and low for some Tunnel 88. Nada can be found. But my birthday is coming up :smiley: