Introducing: Forumosa Friends (friends.forumosa.com)

I agree. That stupid shite has bugger-all to do with Forumosa and saying that it has is an insult. Please just make it a clickable link so that those that wish to see it can and those that don’t aren’t assailed by yet more spam and those fucking INANE pick-up lines. It’s really bringing down the tone of the place. It was funny for the first day or two, now its just an unwanted and extremely irritating intrusion.

If we want to meet forumosans with better pick up lines, why can’t we go to the personals section of the forumosafieds ? :idunno:

[quote=“Jefferson”]Does anyone else see the irony in the fact that none of the “Forumosa Friends” seem to be people who post on Forumosa? Seeing pictures of random strangers and their cheesy pick up lines over and over on my screen is eerily starting to feel like spam.

Could the power that be perhaps find a way to make this service somewhat less conspicuous and less intrusive?[/quote]
Yes, the easiest way seems to be to encourage more dyed-in-the-wool Forumosans to join and tip the balance :wink:

Remember, Forumosa Friends is part of a global social network - it is not operated by Forumosa’s Forum admins and moderators. You can try to contact the people in the system and (a) get them to participate on the forums, and (b) ask them to change their pick up lines :smiley:

Because there is no personals section in the Forumosafieds! There isn’t a personals section in the Forumosafieds because there is Forumosa Friends

Me and my gf friend posted on “Forumosa Friends” and didn’t git no response…

My name is Rickym and I like long walks at dusk and hot sweaty sex. Call me.

Well, I’ve now signed up and I’m about to start contacting everyone whose spam appears on Forumosa pages. The contact messages are very far from polite and each one mentions that I’m a member of Forumosa and that I don’t appreciate their fucking spam.

Please cc Gus and me when you do, since we are wholly responsible for the links that appear with the text ads. :s

Did you have to pay to sign up? Can you contact them without paying?

So why the hell are they there? They’re gross! I thought it was part of the “deal” with this company but its not? They’re up there by CHOICE?
“Zup ^0^ROz wanna IM U ^3^ he he lololol”
What the fuck?
What’s wrong with just having a link to the site?

Did you have to pay to sign up? Can you contact them without paying?[/quote]
I didn’t pay anything. I don’t know if I can contact them or not. I haven’t tried. Yet. But those spazztwats are getting so on my tits that I will soon. Its like a fucking junior high school chat room or something. What a slur on Forumosa. Really the dregs.
I realize some people might like it – maybe even need it – but its a fucking insult to have it rammed in our faces with no way to avoid having to look at those stupid comments and even more stupid so-called “pics” that are 90% not even of the people they claim to be. :fume:
A simple link would suffice.

People are more likely to click on a picture.
The more people click, the more people will potentially sign up.
The more people sign up, the more money Forumosa gets.

See the nice circle?

I hate it too, but I guess we need money to drive this place.

I know … the moment you pay all the lookers are going to contact you :laughing:

Become a VIP membrane and it’s going to happen :wink:

Guy’s it’s friggin’ bait all those beauties … who can be so dumb thinking they are really on this forumosa friends site … dumb dumb dumb :raspberry:

OK, no rude messages, but I’m going to think of SOME way to make sure these people know they’re not appreciated.

Sandman,

Just because you don’t dress fashionably, don’t like chocolate and fat dogs, are not retro OR metro, and that your favorite animals are not little rocks doesn’t mean you have to rain on their parade. I think their little blurbs are exteremely interesting and it is the only place in the world where there are not ugly people. :slight_smile:

I don’t want to rain on their pathetic parade. I just don’t want them parading down my street, shitting on my lawn and generally making nuisances of themselves.

I honestly don’t understand why Forumosans would want to join a service that has the great potential of putting them in touch with people in other countries, or with people who use fake photos of themselves (if this happens as much as people are suggesting - I have no idea of how common that is.)

The place Forumosans go to meet people in Taiwan is…Forumosa. Isn’t that the whole point of this website?

I dunno - I know the owners want to generate $$$ from this venture, but I think the plug needs to be pulled on that turkey - either that or get it out of the way. It seems the banner ads and sponsors are paying for the site fees, which is cool, and I think an excellent service to us. I know I’ve clicked more than one of those banners to get info about the sponsors. And I’m sure there are other revenue streams so you guys can make a profit from the site. But this Forumosa Friends thing…just not so kosher, you know? Makes me think of…

:spam:

Its worse than spam. Its invited spam (if that’s possible – I guess invited spam isn’t spam). Whatever, its horrible, crass, stupid, misleading, and a bunch of total shite.

I’m on a crusade against having those stupid Forumosa so-called “friends” all over the site.

You’re just jealous of this guy:

“I dress very well at all times, am highly fashionable. Most girls find me very attractive.”
I know I am, I wish I could be highly fashionable.