Invalid_sessions

I’ve always gotten them at work but never at home. In order to post from work, I have to telnet into my web host or remote desktop to my home computer. I imagine it’s a firewall thing that’s causing the “invalid_session” messages.

It depends where I am. I frequent two internet cafes: at one, I have given up trying to post anything, because I always get “invalid session.” At the other, there’s never been a problem. Surprisingly, it’s the supercheap, hole-in-the-wall internet cafe that is better.

Grrr…I just typed a long post and when I pressed SUBMIT, Invalid Session came up. Then I got logged out automatically when I pressed the “back” button. Only after three attempts was I able to log back in.

It just happened again after I typed this message. What happened? I was on a roll there with all that typing! I’m going to copy this message in case it happens AGAIN.

Aaaarrrggg! This sucks!

I found that having changed my cookie settings in IE for www.forumosa.com helped eliminate the invalid sessions that has been dogging me. Hope this does the trick…

The “Invalid_session - session id error” messages are becoming a significant problem for me.

• The messages appear ONLY during moderator operations (merging, splitting, etc.)

• I have tried using both IE and Firefox, and experimented with cookies settings on both.

• I have tried changing from auto-loggin to manual and back.

So far nothing has worked consistently, and it is making it difficult to get things done without a great deal of wasted time.

Can anyone help me out here?

Hobbes, try using a proxy server. Get a list here.