Inventing new words

I like to play around with words and often create new ones. I’ll start with one of my fav’s. Do you have any to offer?

Shaddictive. Something that, whilst is inherently ‘sh#t’, is also highly addictive. For example, "Desperate housewives is a shaddictive programme.’

“Unduressing”
Disrobing in a careless and potentially damaging manner.

I think I got another ‘200’ on my hands here. If the lying thing keeps up I may have peaked 4 times before Tom dies.

Gunbrella. The weapon of choice in any modern and rainy city.

misunderestimate…oh wait, that was George Dubya.

Ummmm… ok I’ve got one:

shart: When one tries to force out a fart only to sh#t one’s pants.

past tense: sharted

Are you sure we don’t need a men’s forum?

[quote=“Dr_Zoidberg”]misunderestimate…oh wait, that was George Dubya.

Ummmm… ok I’ve got one:

shart: When one tries to force out a fart only to sh#t one’s pants.

past tense: sharted

[/quote]

PP?
Shart?

I suppose inclusion of a reflexive object eg "He sharted himself would be redundant, yeah?
Your word, your rules.

Shart was included in the film 'Along came Polly."
Zoidy you are a ‘wobber.’ A word robber.

I thought I invented the word “pukeworthy”, but a Google search gives me almost 700 hits.

[quote=“TomHill”]Shart was included in the film 'Along came Polly."
Zoidy you are a ‘wobber.’ A word robber.[/quote]

Typical Albertan sleazeball…

“Googup!!”

Shut up with your stupid questions and Google for the answer like everyone else, cheesedick!

1. I’m only flying the Alberta flag until Maoman gets off is arse and adds the BC flag.

2. I’ve never even heard of the movie Along Came Polly, much less seen it. :stuck_out_tongue:

My daughter insists that ‘junger’ is a word in the English language. Some other kid in her preschool apparently has more credibility when it comes to English. Junger means athletic and exciting. As in, “Look. There’s Spiderman. He’s so junger.”

whormones

1. (n.pl.) Articulations heard in a brothel.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]whormones

1. (n.pl.) Articulations heard in a brothel.[/quote]
    That’s an old joke.

How do you make a hormone?
Punch her in the stomach.

[edited for spelling]

[quote=“Richardm”][quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]whormones

That’s an old joke.

How do you make a hormone?
Punch her in the stomache.[/quote]
Is “stomache” your new word for “stomach ache”?

[quote=“Richardm”][quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]whormones

That’s an old joke[/quote]And completely ripped off: unwords.com/

I’m intrigued, is that a hard or soft J? Any linguists able to tell us whether this comes from another legitimate language? Scandinavian perhaps?

Can I have Liatch as short for lying biatch?

I’m intrigued, is that a hard or soft J? Any linguists able to tell us whether this comes from another legitimate language? Scandinavian perhaps?

Can I have Liatch as short for lying biatch?[/quote]
It’s a hard J.
Apparently there is a five-year-old whose word is final in all things English. He also got the lead in the graduation play. Gail is only the River Fairy. Kind of a step up from the Christmas play were she was mouse soldier number three, but still a small part.

Richard M can you tell me the relevance of the last part of your post? Was there a new word in there that I missed? Did you think I was calling your daughter a Liatch (I hope not)? I’m sure she will be very cute as either a mouse soldier or a fairy but honestly I think the moderators will split this off into another thread if you are not careful.

[quote=“Richardm”]Kind of a step up from the Christmas play were she was mouse soldier number three, but still a small part.[/quote]Was there more than one mouse soldier present at the birth of Christ ?

If there were more than, say, a hundred, then the third mouse was pretty important, I’d say.