Inventing new words

If there were more than, say, a hundred, then the third mouse was pretty important, I’d say.[/quote]

Ignore them Philistanians, Rich, I know whereof thou speakest…

Yeah, Trichardm was talking about the famous ‘moldier.’ A deadly mouse soldier present at the birth of christ.

Here is a new one: Taiwanated. It’s the date at which Taiwan finally f#cks with you in such a way that you never ever want to come back. i.e. I was Taiwanated on March 3rd 1999.

Sorry. This old timer does tend to ramble on a little bit. It’s like that time in '02 when the rain was so thick you had to hack your way through with the umbrella. Of course, they made umbrellas back then like they were supposed to. Not like today. You push a button the thing snaps out. Real fancy. They just forgot one thing. How do you close the dad burn thing up?

Sorry. This old timer does tend to ramble on a little bit. It’s like that time in '02 when the rain was so thick you had to hack your way through with the umbrella. Of course, they made umbrellas back then like they were supposed to. Not like today. You push a button the thing snaps out. Real fancy. They just forgot one thing. How do you close the dad burn thing up?[/quote]

Don’t tell me you still haven’t found the secret “close” button, richardm.

Recrudgumous - Something rediculous nad sort of sucks, maybe. Depends on use.

I was certain this really was a word for the longest time. It appears that I must have made it up or something. I had a bunch of people using it for a while.

Example: “That shit is recrudgumous!” (in reaction to some recrudgumous ass shit.)

That’s an amusing addition to your avatar, Millhouse!

[i]smartassedness/i: A chronic condition afflicting members of the expatriot community in Taiwan. Symptoms include, but are not limited to, starting threads such as this one.

(syn.) knowitallism

[i]self-flaggelation/i: The position of having to beg Maoman for the flag you want in your profile.

assholiness - the degree to which a person is an asshole
hecticity - the degree to which things are hectic

[quote=“Dr_Zoidberg”][i]smartassedness/i: A chronic condition afflicting members of the expatriot community in Taiwan. Symptoms include, but are not limited to, starting threads such as this one.

(syn.) knowitallism

[i]self-flaggelation/i: The position of having to beg Maoman for the flag you want in your profile.[/quote]

Just cos I outed your ‘shart’ plagiarism…
I still havent forgiven you for choosing chingshuei over shalu. :slight_smile:

Some of my students tell me their high school English teachers insist that “kindergarden” is the only correct way to spell kinderga… Oh, never mind: they’re teachers, so they must be right.

Doldromic, an adj made out of the noun doldrums: a state or period of inactivity, stagnation, or slump.

I used the phrase “Doldromic apathy” in an English paper on Ibsen during my last year of university. My prof refused to accept it, but after I asked the question, " isn’t a good writer one who uses the language in new or interesting ways?" (his words in class) he let me have it.

It was my crowning glory that year.

Shifty, you are fabtabulous.

:laughing:

Thank you it was a gi-normous success

Bludgepacker.

• Budget Traveller.

Bitussy (PM me for the definition) :smiling_imp:
google.com/search?q=bitussy&hl=en&lr=

les miseroids

futuristic group of peoples still living like in a victor hugo novel

[i]Hillarity/i: The degree of merriment one gets from reading Tom Hill’s posts.

see: [i]Hillarious/i

[i]exshitement/i: The degree of Hillarity at which one soils one’s pants.

see: [i]exshiting/i

avatart- an image used on forums to represent a poster’s online persona which features an attractive female

mouseterbation- the rapid clicking of a mouse for the purposes of arousing oneself

artifacial- of or relating to the art of pretending to perform a duty or make an outward show of civility in order to not lose social or political standing

understandardization- the conscious decision to end work on something when it has not been done up to standard or code because it is currently close enough to functioning that you could get away with it (at least on the island of Taiwan).

Ah, I will have to break out the classics:

IQity (eye-KYOO-ih-tee) - the sum intelligence in a particular environment which can be raised or lowered depending on who is present. “Here comes Roger. You can almost here the IQity drop in this party.”

plastic - someone who is insincere, often dressing in over-the-top fashion or uses a very fake voice. I work with a plastic person. “Pauline is very plastic. She was raised in middle-class suburban Montreal, but talks like she came straight out of Compton. And she’ll steal your job faster than you can say ‘favoritism’.”

anal ventriloquism - the act of passing gas, but making it seem like it’s coming from someone else; this is particularly useful when some ho is trying to be hitting on your man at a party.

One day when I get my dictionary published, I’ll autograph personal copies for you all. :smiley:

Erm dropped a few points there then ImaniOU, think you meant Hear, or was this another new word usage?