Investors Group

Anyone interested in getting together to share ideas about investing while living in Taiwan. If we could get a few guys together for beers it could be a good time. We might even learn something. If interested PM me and we’ll organize a Saturday or Sunday afternoon in the near future. The Shannon would work for me!

Ski

Actually, that was one of the ideas behind this forum. But we rather hope that the ‘meeting’ would take place online so that there was a record we (and others) could look at. I was initially an advocate of ‘members-only’ discussions, and there’s probably a right time for them still. But any ideas you have that are not commercially sensitive may be of interest to the wider forumosa community.

Why not arrange a time and place online, as with the regular happy hours? Then anyone can attend.

I agree that the discussions online should be public. :uhhuh: But I also like beer. So if anyone wants to get together on a Sunday afternoon, drink beer, and talk about, well, anything at all, that’s fine by me. :beer:

:stuck_out_tongue: I agree

I’ll take notes and post them after.

But when and where?

When is and where is the next happy hour?

That sounds like a great idea!

Can I stick to Tomato Juice? doctor’s orders, I’m afraid.

Count me in.

Kenneth

yeah, me me. i like the idea and want to be on the list. online or head to head - or even both!
tks, peter

Would be interested in both, would normally look at attending the face to afce sessions, but necessities must and sometimes it aint possible.

Anyone suggesting the first date and time yet ?

Isn’t this pretty much happening already in the buying stocks in Taiwan and how low will it go threads?

Nothing stops us from having a drink.

I’ll drink to that

You’re not suggesting that you only have a good time with males, are you? You’re not suggesting that only males are capable of discussing/engaging in investment, are you?

I hope you’re not also suggesting that females are incapable of enjoying beer! :astonished:

You’re not suggesting that you only have a good time with males, are you? You’re not suggesting that only males are capable of discussing/engaging in investment, are you?

I hope you’re not also suggesting that females are incapable of enjoying beer! :astonished:[/quote]

Man…Political Correctness…Ooops! I mean Dam political correctness…the grief of it… :noway:

I thought I left it behind!!!

Yes girls can discuss and engage in investment :raspberry: !
Yes, girls can drink beer :smiley:! It’s especially nice when they drink too much. :lovestruck:

The term guys is often used to refer to groups of the opposite sex or mixed groups. So…It’s ok…Anyways, are we gonna get togeter next happy hour. April 8th? When and where? Lot’s of talk but little action to date.

Ski!

We can use my office if that would be convenient for everyone. It’s about 20 pings with large conference table, its own small kitchen and bathroom. It’s quiet and private. It’s a one-minute walk from the Tingshi MRT station in Yong He in an office building.

The evening of Friday, April 16th would be best for me as I’ve got business trips the first two weeks of April.

spook

So it’s agreed: the meeting will be in spook’s office and aprimo can serve the drinks while simultaneously writing minutes to be posted on-line for the men that were too busy to go.

Low blow :bluemad:

Ski

Yong He? That’s miles away! Wouldn’t a bar be more amenable too?

Also, although there is nothing I especially have to do, I’m on duty Friday evenings until 10. If you ‘guys’ are adamant about the date, and using an office, then come to my place - 2 minutes from Technology Building MRT.

We are strictly non-smoking, so I still think a bar would be preferable for some people. Saturday afternoon would be my recommendation, as Sundays are reserved for non-business activities.

I work thru weekends.

However, I will see if I can do something, and yes, I am a heavy smoker.