* yep
[/color].[/quote]

Yes, I am crude or yes you are Taliban? :wink:

[quote=“Chewycorns”][quote=“Comment from Moderator”]
My crude humor would get flamed [color=green]
* yep
[/color].[/quote]

Yes, I am crude or yes you are Taliban? :wink:[/quote]

Neither. Your specific wording was “Jataliban”. This violates the “don’t distort another user’s name” rule. And not in an amusing, or friendly way, but one that’s extremely offensive.

[quote=“Jaboney”][quote=“Chewycorns”][quote=“Comment from Moderator”]
My crude humor would get flamed [color=green]
* yep
[/color].[/quote]

Yes, I am crude or yes you are Taliban? :wink:[/quote]

Neither. Your specific wording was “Jataliban”. This violates the “don’t distort another user’s name” rule. And not in an amusing, or friendly way, but one that’s extremely offensive.[/quote]

Well, I guess you’ve never been to Helsinki. Jataliban simply means “the Taliban” in Finnish.
:smiling_imp: Ja understand?

google.com.tw/search?q=ja+Ta … rt=10&sa=N

Gotta say, when you read some of Chewy’s “humour” you begin to see there just might be another side to his sacking woes.

Hey, I’m not the one “sacking” off at a dead-end job at the CNA :wink:

My only regret was that I had to be polite and gentlemanly at my former job. I could only mouth off and tell the truth once I had left the job, married my wife, and found a much more secure and well-paying job.

What an idiotic comment you just made. Prick.

Vindicated. You’re a treasure, Chewy, a real treasure. :laughing:

Who in their fucking right mind goes to Helsinki?

female atheletes used for drug-testing performance enhancement…OOOHHHhhh…nevermind…

[quote=“Jaboney”]

Neither. Your specific wording was “Jataliban”. This violates the “don’t distort another user’s name” rule. And not in an amusing, or friendly way, but one that’s extremely offensive.[/quote]
Perhaps I’ve missed some context here, but claiming that being called “Jataliban” is “extremely offensive” seems just plain hypersensitive. Against the rules? I guess so, even though that’s a bit of a silly rule IMHO. Offensive? Extremely offensive? Maybe only if you’re as sensitive to any perceived slight as, well, the Taliban were.

I considered the source and brushed it aside. When editing anyone’s posts, I feel it’s only right to leave a comment, pm, or small indication that I did so. In this case, I left a very tiny: "[color=green]

• yep
    [/color]". Chewycorns came back asking for clarification, which I provided.

The rule against distorting another poster’s name keeps things from getting too personal. A good idea, I think, as tone doesn’t always come across in this medium. A good idea, also, not to get too bent out of shape about it. BroonAle does marvelous things with his moniker, as does jdsmith. Additionally, posters who are on a friendly basis with one another can be more playful without giving, or taking, offense (though offending those who aren’t aware of the warmer relations is sometimes an issue).

Had Chewycorns posted something like “JaBonehead”, or “Jabbertalky”, or “JarJarboney” I would have nixed that, but would never describe it as “extremely offensive.” The association with the Taliban, however, is offensive. Think about what they stand for, and what they’ve done. It’s extremely offensive.

shrug That said, I’m not bent out of shape over it. Shit happens; you clean it up and carry on. When it’s continually, deliberately left on your doorstep, that’s another matter. I guess that’s why he’s suspend. Not my call.

How about “Jablowme?”

I ALMOST wrote that a few weeks back. :blush:

Glad I didn’t. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Jaboney”]I considered the source and brushed it aside. When editing anyone’s posts, I feel it’s only right to leave a comment, pm, or small indication that I did so. In this case, I left a very tiny: "[color=green]

• yep
    [/color]". Chewycorns came back asking for clarification, which I provided.
    The rule against distorting another poster’s name keeps things from getting too personal.[/quote] Seems to be non-applicable in this case.[quote=“Jaboney”] A good idea, I think, as tone doesn’t always come across in this medium. A good idea, also, not to get too bent out of shape about it. BroonAle does marvelous things with his moniker, as does jdsmith. Additionally, posters who are on a friendly basis with one another can be more playful without giving, or taking, offense (though offending those who aren’t aware of the warmer relations is sometimes an issue).
    Had Chewycorns posted something like “JaBonehead”, or “Jabbertalky”, or “JarJarboney” I would have nixed that, but would never describe it as “extremely offensive.” [/quote] Pretty much a non-issue as this is purely ‘hopeful speculation’ at this junction.[quote=“Jaboney”]The association with the Taliban, however, is offensive. Think about what they stand for, and what they’ve done. It’s extremely offensive.[/quote] Yeah…thats the idea.[quote=“Jaboney”]
    shrug That said, I’m not bent out of shape over it. Shit happens; you clean it up and carry on. When it’s continually, deliberately left on your doorstep, that’s another matter. I guess that’s why he’s suspend. Not my call.[/quote]Pretty arrogant and self-serving comments IMO. Jaboney - so you feel your repeated actions to stifle the opinions of those who carry a message differing from yours is juastified? And to elittle their important is sanctioned?
    Pretty interesting Dude.

Again, consider the source. :unamused:

Would I be offended? Maybe if you weren’t such a fine-looking man, jd. :laughing:

This all stems from my replying to one of your posts with Shakespeare’s Sonnet 20, doesn’t it?

[quote]A woman’s face with Nature’s own hand painted
Hast thou, the master-mistress of my passion;
A woman’s gentle heart, but not acquainted
With shifting change, as is false women’s fashion;
An eye more bright than theirs, less false in rolling,
Gilding the object whereupon it gazeth;
A man in hue, all ‘hues’ in his controlling,
Much steals men’s eyes and women’s souls amazeth.
And for a woman wert thou first created;
Till Nature, as she wrought thee, fell a-doting,
And by addition me of thee defeated,
By adding one thing to my purpose nothing.
But since she prick’d thee out for women’s pleasure,
Mine be thy love and thy love’s use their treasure.[/quote]

:wink:

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Pretty arrogant and self-serving comments IMO. Jaboney - so you feel your repeated actions to stifle the opinions of those who carry a message differing from yours is juastified? And to elittle their important is sanctioned?[/quote] :laughing: Care to back that one up with examples of my “repeated actions to stifle the opinions of those who carry a message differing” from mine? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Man, oh, man, TainanCowboy. I go out of my way to solicit contrary opinions. It’s the basis of intellectual honesty.

[quote=“Jaboney”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]Pretty arrogant and self-serving comments IMO. Jaboney - so you feel your repeated actions to stifle the opinions of those who carry a message differing from yours is juastified? And to elittle their important is sanctioned?[/quote] :laughing: Care to back that one up with examples of my “repeated actions to stifle the opinions of those who carry a message differing” from mine?
Man, oh, man, TainanCowboy. I go out of my way to solicit contrary opinions. It’s the basis of intellectual honesty.[/quote]Jabloney -
Your solicitation is always worded in such a manner as to elict comments and opinions to support your established views. Do you really think this is un-noticed?
Sorry, this is not intellectually honest.
You do this in a consistent manner. It is not an accident. Straight out of the Chomsky Accolyte Handbook.
I won’t engage in the ‘selective quote’ game, however I feel assured that you will make it easy to provide another example to again prove my point.
OOOPS! You’re a mod…silly me!
Do continue.

Afraid I’m leading the unwary down the garden path? :wink:

Look, wording is one thing, this…[quote=“TainanCowboy”] your repeated actions to stifle the opinions of those who carry a message differing from yours [/quote]…is quite another.

No TC, I’m the mod of this forum, not Jaboney. The subject at hand is Chewycorns, his posts being flamed for crudeness and his disregard of the rules with regard to dicking with people’s names.
If you want to start a thread complaining about what you see as Jaboney’s political censorship, go ahead, but please keep it nice.

Sandy -
Thanks.
No need, on my part for further comment.
All the best,
TC

[quote=“Jaboney”]Again, consider the source. :unamused:

Would I be offended? Maybe if you weren’t such a fine-looking man, jd. :laughing:

This all stems from my replying to one of your posts with Shakespeare’s Sonnet 20, doesn’t it?

:wink:[/quote]

Gads, I’d forgotten about the sonnet. Saddle that rope, cowboy. :wink:

And I really REALLY have to apologize Jaboney. I thought this thread was the Mod-only thread. :blush: