IP members-only forum?

:thumbsup: :bravo:

:s :thumbsdown:

What’s the poop?
:popcorn:

[quote=“hardball”]
What’s the poop? [/quote]
Nobody wanted it – why would anyone discuss politics without wanting a slanging match? Its an oxymoron.
Politics for the great lumpen unwashed is good for nothing BUT slanging those with opposing views. Nobody involved has any input, nobody involved has any idea what’s going on, nobody involved has any influence whatsoever – oops, sorry! they have VOTES, of course! Sometimes. :laughing: Its an Internet battleground where people can flash their cocks and their imagined intellects, quite safe in the knowledge that nothing they say will have ANY impact on anybody else or ANY policy of ANY government anywhere in the world.
Without the ability to call someone a stupid cunt, the politics forums don’t exist.

Pretty much. Tigerman told me it wouldn’t work, but I wanted to try. Should have listened to Tigerman. :doh:

So that’s where tigger’s gone. Stuck in some mad private politics thread pondering clever rebuttals to his clever rebuttals!

HG

Was it even tried in earnest?

My bad. I thought the link was new. I will say though, if IP trolls and Below the Bar posts were removed as efficaciously as the one a few minutes ago…the slaggers would learn or move on.

john (Oh, I also feel that calling posters by their real names would help too…makes them post more like they would IRL, right, err, Sandy?) :laughing:

Chewey said we’d also get t-shirts…I’m still waiting…

It was tried by those who wanted to. But the pool of participants is too small. Below the bar posts: would be great to be able to rate individual posts and push silliness out of view if you prefer to skip the ha-ha’s. It’s done on many sites.

this spelling warms my heart. you’re a good man TC.

A lot of us are members anyway.

I agree that using real names would improve things.
Or, at least softening user names. At the moment there are too many macho user names and this leads to an aggressive atmosphere.

Hardball could be changed to soft boobie.

We need to ditch the “man” in Sandman and Maoman.

Tainan Cowboy would be less confrontational as Tainan Bovine Gatherer

Doc should become Nurse McCoy.

Dragonbones could perhaps be Earth Dragoness

Some larger than others.[quote]
Below the bar posts: would be great to be able to rate individual posts and push silliness out of view if you prefer to skip the ha-ha’s. It’s done on many sites.[/quote]
I’ve seen sites where individual posts are rated up and down; if too many downs, the post disappears…not sure if it’s just hidden or gone for good.

Getting bent out of shape over politics REQUIRES it.

[quote=“almas john”]I agree that using real names would improve things.
Or, at least softening user names. [/quote]
From now on, when I discuss politics, I would like to be know as “Priscilla”.

EYE want to be “Sweet Little Fanny Toosh-toosh” and to achieve notoriety as an extreme left-wing racist hate-monger. But with a kinder, gentler side.

There are lady doctors in the 21st century, in case you don’t know, almas juanita.

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”]
There are lady doctors in the 21st century[/quote]
And I have all of their movies.

[quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“Dr. McCoy”]
There are lady doctors in the 21st century[/quote]
And I have all of their movies.[/quote]
Then can I borrow Tasmanian Lesbian Hospital?

Getting bent out of shape over politics REQUIRES it.[/quote]
I know this is in halfjest, but I disagree. There are PLENTY of threads and forums to snark on people on this site. One can easily get bent out of shape in the D&R forum, or LIT…

It would be, in a word, nice, to be able to actually discuss a political event in IP without the race* cards flying at the outset.

*substitute any other adj that derails the discussion.

It’s pretty much proven that the IP of old (Fred, Broon, Tigerman, Rascal and others…) has created many a snarker, well adept at insulting opposing opinions, and trolling, and baiting…but it’s soo commonplace now that it’s done as though it is EXPECTED of posters.

I think that blows goats.

And again…I KNOW…I don’t have to come here… :s

What? There is a politics forum here? When did this happen?