IP vs. "Crossfire"--what's up with that?

They have been. Do you need a link?[/quote]

I think i have seen it. There is a lot of grey area. Lots of room for mods to push people around.
I understand that F.Com is an advertising vehicle and somebody pays for this and has a right to make rules.
I just want a list of what I can and cannot do in CI. An explicit list, so that if a post of mine disappears I will understand why without having been told.

[quote=“Jaboney”]You’ll have to be offer more specific criticism of the policy if you want real feedback.
I can tell you: 1) I don’t know why you bother, 2) this wasn’t implemented to attract more women, 3) I have no direct knowledge of their balls.[/quote]

I guess I just want to know who we are trying not to offend. Is anyone really getting hurt from anything posted in IP? are you all afraid of lawsuits from forumosans who have had their feelings hurt?
The women who post on Forumosa, all five of them, have demonstrated that they are tougher than the men. And I guess I want to know how many men are whining.
Actually, I would like you to create a new forum just for me called “The Locker Room”. Give it to me, I’ll moderate it for ya. :lick:

I’ve just edited the above post to include the link. forumosa.org/forum-rules/

forum borum is something like space debris. I invented the expression and so can define it any way I like.

[quote=“trebuchet”]I think I have seen [the rules]. There is a lot of grey area. Lots of room for mods to push people around.
I understand that F.Com is an advertising vehicle and somebody pays for this and has a right to make rules.
I just want a list of what I can and cannot do in CI. An explicit list, so that if a post of mine disappears I will understand why without having been told.[/quote]
You aren’t going to get an explicit list; that’d be too prescriptive and less free. Instead, the rules are proscriptive. The rules to really keep your eyes on in the political forums deal with bigotry and personal attacks, civility, and respect: All the things that a fuller, “free from” version of free speech doctrine would cover.

Yes, there are shades of grey, and that’s a good thing… it keeps the mods (especially Tigerman and I) arguing with one another and out of your hair. :wink:

Seriously, it’s not a big deal: if you’re not an ass, nobody will ride you like a rented mule.
Post like you give a damn, assume the best of those you’re debating with, the rest largely takes care of itself; post drunk, without taking the time to rub two thoughts together, or assume that your internet opponents are the spawn of Satan… that’ll likely go less than smoothly.

[quote=“trebuchet”]I guess I just want to know who we are trying not to offend. [/quote]Many posters find IP highly offensive. It’s the forum posters regularly cite as the part of town where nice poster don’t go.

[quote=“trebuchet”]Is anyone really getting hurt from anything posted in IP? [/quote]Apparently, yes. People often get hot under the collar, particularly when accused of being racist, ect. The expat community isn’t all that large. As many of the people on site know one another, it’s an issue.

[quote=“trebuchet”]are you all afraid of lawsuits from forumosans who have had their feelings hurt?[/quote]The issue has arisen.

[quote=“trebuchet”]The women who post on Forumosa, all five of them, have demonstrated that they are tougher than the men. And I guess I want to know how many men are whining. [/quote]Men whine far more than women, you ought to know that.

[quote=“trebuchet”]Actually, I would like you to create a new forum just for me called “The Locker Room”. Give it to me, I’ll moderate it for ya. :lick:[/quote]Demands for a “Shit Fest Forum” have arisen in the past. But the site belongs to Goose Egg and Maoman, and they’re not interested in hosting it.

[quote]I just want a list of what I can and cannot do in CI. An explicit list, so that if a post of mine disappears I will understand why without having been told.
[/quote]
But you say you want to avoid writing stuff no-one will see. Yet you sound here like you’re planning to to do exactly that. Why would you write a post that you know will disappear if you’re keen for your writing to remain on the boards?

My friendly cuddly post about the election was moved from the friendly cuddly forum to the mean insulting forum that has been infected by Fred Smith and Taiwan Cowboy for far too long for me to want anything to do with it. If I wanted it moved into there I wouldn’t have bothered writing it at all.

So what’s that all about? I didn’t call any posters retarded or limp-wristed, so why was my thread moved? Fun and Games I would understand if you moved it there, but not that fetid septic tank of fetid bile.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]My friendly cuddly post about the election was moved from the friendly cuddly forum to the mean insulting forum… If I wanted it moved into there I wouldn’t have bothered writing it at all.

So what’s that all about? I didn’t call any posters retarded or limp-wristed, so why was my thread moved? Fun and Games I would understand if you moved it there, but not that fetid septic tank of fetid bile.[/quote]
This post?

[quote="[url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/some-election-thingy/46752/6 Fluffy Matthew[/url]"]1) Obama: Only has one name, and it’s one letter different from “Osama”, so why did he pick a friend whose name is an abbreviation of “Bin Laden”? Apparently he looks foreign and we can’t have that.

1. John McClane: Nice ties. Killed a bunch of terrorists holding a skyscraper and threw Alan Rickman through a window, which makes him a war hero. Not American by birth, but he at least he doesn’t look foreign so that’s ok.

2. Mr Hillary Rodham: Climbed Everest and bonked an ex-president. But then, who hasn’t?[/quote]

It called to me, and spoke of it’s longing to be near the political satire thread. Better e-fung shuei.

[quote=“Jaboney”]It called to me, and spoke of it’s longing to be near the political satire thread. Better e-fung shuei.[/quote]Maybe it was asking for the political satire thread to be moved close to it, not the other away around. I understand why you moved all the threads into the new forum and that it’s a lot of trouble to check each thread to see where they better belong.

[quote=“sandman”]
But you say you want to avoid writing stuff no-one will see. Yet you sound here like you’re planning to to do exactly that. Why would you write a post that you know will disappear if you’re keen for your writing to remain on the boards?[/quote]

Cos stupid people are funny?

[quote=“Buttercup”][quote=“sandman”]
But you say you want to avoid writing stuff no-one will see. Yet you sound here like you’re planning to to do exactly that. Why would you write a post that you know will disappear if you’re keen for your writing to remain on the boards?[/quote]

Cos stupid people are funny?[/quote]
Irishstu is testament to that, for sure. If I was stupid instead of pure dead smart, so would I be.

[quote=“sandman”]
Irishstu is testament to that, for sure. If I was stupid instead of pure dead smart, so would I be.[/quote]

Hm, true, true.

You’re a natural wit, sandperson. I wanted to be an idiot savant, but I think I was trying too hard.

But seriously. Rules are for poking fun at.

[quote=“Jaboney”][quote=“Dr. McCoy”][quote=“Jaboney”]New channel politics
I’d make it a sticky, but as yet have no sticky powers.[/quote]
Thank you. I tried to search, but ‘ineffectual circle jerk’ brought up nothing.

Is this in crossfire?[/quote]
No. But thank you for the example. “Ineffectual circle jerk” is precisely the type of post that belongs in Crossfire, if not the flame bin.[/quote]

funny phrasings like “ineffectual circle jerk” are the only reason for being here on the first place. i NEEDED that laugh today. If you take the funny out of here in the name of not offending anyone this board will not be cool anymore.

The other thread about crossfire is no longer here? Where did it go?

Chasing threads around in forumosa is such fun, you never know where they willend up next! hardy har har, let’s tell some clean jokes!

Let’s not.

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“Buttercup”][quote=“sandman”]

Cos stupid people are funny?[/quote]
Irishstu is testament to that, for sure. If I was stupid instead of pure dead smart, so would I be.[/quote]So true, tell him he has something on his back and he spins around for ages trying to find it. It’s hilarious.

I blame Ian Paisley. (I think we’re supposed to be political in here)

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]My friendly cuddly post about the election was moved from the friendly cuddly forum to the mean insulting forum that has been infected by Fred Smith and Taiwan Cowboy for far too long for me to want anything to do with it. If I wanted it moved into there I wouldn’t have bothered writing it at all.
So what’s that all about? I didn’t call any posters retarded or limp-wristed, so why was my thread moved? Fun and Games I would understand if you moved it there, but not that fetid septic tank of fetid bile.[/quote]

…tsk tsk tsk…such incivility!

(me pinkys’ straight out like that due to previous injury)

OK :unamused:

Because Bill O’Reilly is “a bit over the top”, less “civil” and “a bit snarky”.

Because Jon Stewart is not “a bit over the top”, represents a “more civil discussion” of the issues and is not “snarky”. :roflmao:

Yea, uh-huh. May I suggest we move this post to the Crossfire IP forum?

Yes, John Stewart would never display this kind of humor. :roflmao:

Because Jon Stewart would never do political satire.