IPAD buying software, transferring software questions if Ipad is transferred to new owner

We have an ipad. It’s originally for my wife but she hasn’t touched it yet. I don’t want to appropriate it just yet, but I need to purchase some software for a project. I found an app that really does work better than android.
So, 1. The I pad is in my wife’s name. There is no credit card on it yet.
2. I’d like to add my credit card to my wife’s Ipad account. Is it possible? I will take it off after the purchase is made. We don’t want credit cards to be stored on the apple store if possible. I don’t thing my wife will be buying software on it.
3. If my wife wants the iPad. Great. I still will borrow it to use my package. If she doesn’t want it, I will probably change the ipad to my name. If that is done, will I loose the right to use the software since the main account will be different. Or can I transfer the software to my new apple account.
4. I’m reading something about a family software plan. If that is the case, could we both be owners?
If this were android, I would not be asking the question. I can use the software on any phone or tablet under my name. I’m asking this because we bought the iPad as a lark. I don’t think we will buy another one. Please answer soon since I’d like to purchase this software to complete a project.

There is no such thing as an iPad account. It’s the same as a google account, iCloud.
You make an iCloud account, purchase what you need via the iCloud account and use it on your device.
When you want to get rid of said device, wipe it, log into new device, download software.
Same as Android.
Not 100% sure, but I believe you can even get the app store cards, so you can go to a shop, buy an app store card, load up the account. No credit card needed.
iCloud and google accounts are basically the same, they just dont work on the opposite devices, same goes for microsoft accounts, which does work on both devices if you sign into Office apps with an O365 licensing enabled account.

So, it this way. I sell the iPod or give it to my little bro.
I bought software for it.
I don’t intend to use it again. My little bro wants the software.
Can I change my email address and the program owner to him?

Software for phones… or anything these days is account specific. This goes for google, icloud, microsoft, adobe ect…

If you want to give your brother the ipod, you can leave your account logged in. Be advised anything you buy he will be able to access, and he may be able to buy things using your credit card if it is attached to the icloud account.

You can leave it logged in, and make a new account, thats not a problem, just remember to remove your CC/.

Account specific. What actually is my account. Is it me, the person or the email. I know I can change my email address but can I change other things like names and other identifying info.
Android is every where so I always know I can use what I buy.
Right now, I’m I’m still struggling to to see the usefulness of the Apple operating system. It looks like I won’t get any answers unless I buy something.
since this is my only Apple product that I probably will ever buy, could we say that this account is specific for this machine.
Once I get frustrated with it can I not just change all the information to my little brother’s name and put his credit card on it, give them total control and forget about the account.

Account specific;

You created an iCloud account username@icloud.com
Anything you purchase while logged into a device using that account, is bound to it.
Even if you can change the email, it wont change what is bound to it, apps games ect…

It is the same as say Blizzard, you log into blizzard, buy games, all those games are bound to that account. Same as google, log into a device, buy something under that logged in account, it is now bound to that account.

Nothing is bound to device, it is ALL account based now.

Even most apps these days for computers, ACAD, Adobe software, all cloud login. No serial keys, username/password login.

I dont know about iCloud, but if you were using google, you can log into the play store through a web browser, or even on a device, and see what apps are bound to it/bought under that account.

Got it. So I can name my account after a character anything I’d like, say Mickeymouse3234. If I get bored with it, I can give it to my little bro, take out all my payment and name info and replace it with my brother’s. is that correct?
Google, and Amazon accounts are like my personal id. I use the stuff I bought across all platforms so it isn’t an issue. But apple, is different. Who uses that as a main machine.

You can rename it to whatever you want. Just remove card details, change emails on it and done. All the software purchased under the account will still be bound, so you’d have to create a new account one day to start buying store stuff again.

Not really much point renaming the account though, won’t affect anything, just make sure to remove cc details, names, addresses and emails.