iPass Money on Line Pay

I’ve just set up iPass Money via the Line app. I tried to do it a few days ago but it wouldn’t verify and said I had to wait. Then I couldn’t complete registration so I had to do it again tonight with a new username.

When I tried to verify via my CTBC credit card which has the iPass functionality stated, it failed. So I had to use my CTBC bank account instead and I was able to complete registration.

I mainly set it up so that I could pay my bills without having to go to the convenience store. Now I’ve realised that I can also pay bills via CTBC Home Bank app, so iPass Money has somewhat become redundant for me. I guess it will only be useful if I use any of the public transportation services mentioned or if my other cards get blocked as read elsewhere. Then again, I can just use my respective debit/credit cards that have iPass Money or my EasyCard.

It was a learning experience and it will be interesting to see if anyone else struggles to use a credit card (especially from CTBC) to verify their account.

P.S. Refer to this post if you want to learn about the differences between iPass Money and EasyCard: