iPhone X available for pre-order Oct 27 for Nov 3 delivery

I keep all my pics (all 42,000 of them spanning the last decade plus) on an external hard-drive. I really don’t trust the cloud, whether its sneaky terms of service, or the fact I fully believe there will be a huge cloud crash or hack one day. I need something tangible.

Any updates from those who pre-ordered about delivery dates? Finance department hasn’t given me any news.

A colleague is on schedule for delivery next week.

Just heard that 1 of 4 iPhone Xs will be delivered tomorrow, but not sure when the other 3 will drop, and it seems dependent on color too.

People are lining up outside of phone stores for it. Sheeps!

I could not justify spending 30000+ ntd on a phone. No way.

it’s 40k+!!! Thats a high end computer!!!

A “super computer in the palm of your hand”.

My daughter’s iPhone needs repair, she suggested a Samsung priced at 31K as a replacement. I think not. These devices are getting expensive.

1 Like

There are “Mr. Apple” repair shops around that can help you fix almost any problem the iPhone may have. Could be a cheaper option than getting a replacement of any kind.

That’s a trip to Bali for a week.

1 Like

That’s a brand new bike!

1 Like

That’s 800+ beer cans! :beer: :beer:

1 Like

That’s half a sex change operation in Bangkok…:dancer::dancer::dancer:

1 Like

People have been lining up for 3 to 4 days. That is beyond sheep.

The really bad news:

1 Like

“Fans waiting in lines are mostly students, self-employed and people who work shifts.”

I think many people are doing it to resell it for double? They can easily make 30k by waiting. I saw someone sell one for 70k on Facebook. And the culture of that is annoying regular here. Especially in shoes. I wear a larger size shoe and there’s only a couple jordan stores here. People always line up and buy them out to resell it so regular people can’t buy it.

Yep. But I feel they are more like pawns. Like concert tickets, who has that kind of cash around? They are merely errand boys for the same people who buy out 20 Madonna tickets at 8000 NTD a piece. They only get a cut.

Save money to buy an iPhone X for your parents ? Gimme a break. Next you gonna sell me a bridge.

The people in line to buy iPhones or other trendy products are an amazing subculture. It all started with the people in line being just iSheep fans who needed to not only buy product X but also be able to brag about being among the first elite owners of such device.
Over the course of the years though, the crowd waiting in line has become more inclusive and diverse, and now there are:

a) People who want to be the first to own product X (getting fewer and fewer)
b) People who want to buy as many items as allowed, to resell them at a profit once stock runs out
c) People paid by others to wait in line (either for purpose a) or b) )
d) People who are paid to wait in line just as a form of advertisement, often carrying branded products knowing that they’ll end up in the local news and will have a lot of visibility during those days in line

I wonder what the future holds, what kind of specimen could we see from that evolution of that ecosystem…

Just held one in my hands since I happen to be staying next door to the Apple store here in Nanjing, man it feels nice! Perfect size.

Lots of people.