Ipod cable

I mean ipod, as in original ipod/iphone (4S or before) and ipad cable.

I got an ipad that I have no idea if it works or not, and need to plug it in to see if it even turns on. No phone shops have ipod cable.

What’s a good one stop shop for these things?

Looks like you can buy them on Shopee.

Yea, I can, except I prefer a physical shop because the product is like maybe 50nt if that, and I pay more than that for shipping on it, and I’d like to buy some other stuff along with it like a wireless charger, bumper case for the google pixel 7, etc.

The sellers selling them on Shopee likely sell other phone-related stuff too, and usually with these things the price is much cheaper than in a physical shop (which offsets the shipping). I doubt you’ll find too many physical stores selling cables for >10 year old devices few people use anymore. Maybe somewhere in Guanghua?

You may find one in a second hand shop in the piles of old wires and connectors they sometimes have.

Consider the shipping fee the time/effort you save by NOT going to the store itself. Even on the MRT, a minimum return trip is $40 plus the time you used to earn that $40 and the time you spent getting to/from the MRT station on both sides of the journey. The actual product might cost $50 but the true cost is higher.

1 Like

If you have a month pass it doesn’t matter. Also most the online shops I seen don’t have everything. Paying 60 for each little 40nt part seems insane because none of the other stores have anything I need so I must use 1 store for each item. Also shipping through logistics network seems to take longer now. Used to be it made it the next day but now you need about 2 or more days.

I have a Satisfyer cable that I don’t need. Just in case.

I saw iPhone/iPod 4 cables a few days ago in Taipei at this shop near guanghua (or maybe one of the shops next to it):

1 Like

I looked at guanhua, only bought a case for the new phone. Not many sell ipod cables since it hasn’t been used in a while. A friend might have an extra one though.

Yeah, this exact shop (or the one next to it) sells those, though. I saw it there a few days ago.

Everyone wanted damn near 400 for a simple plastic bumper case. I found a shop selling it for 250. Lots of iphone cases out there.

That’s something else I’d always buy on Shopee. The markup in physical stores is pretty huge. I paid NT$472 for three Pixel 7 cases back when it had just come out in October, and they would have cost way more in physical stores.

Though if you’re rich and paying NT$48k over four years for a Pixel 7, I guess it’s less of an issue. :grin:

1 Like

I’m not paying 48k for 4 years. I would have paid 599 a month regardless.

400 a month just about pays for the phone, without interest.

Sounds like an excellent deal. (For the phone company, I mean.)

Well if you’re buying stuff on installment, then yea they’re going to increase revenue.

I mean you’re going to pay the phone company a monthly charge to use the phone regardless.

Actually you get much better deals with a contract, unlimited data on a prepaid plan is about 1000 a month, and it doesn’t include 5g and you don’t get a phone.

I could have stuck with the 599 plan I always have, I’ll just have to pay something for the phone. 400 a month interest free doesn’t look like a bad deal honestly.

Either way you pay, either all at once or in installment. My cash flow isn’t good enough to cough up 19000 right this instant, and I’ll need the money for some other stuff.

If you can get a contract, it’s a better deal.

Actually taiwan mobile internet is really cheap. T mobile wants 90 dollars a month for 50g of 5g internet. In taiwan 2500 a month gets you unlimited 5g

Obviously no company is providing a phone actually for free because that wouldn’t make sense, but how it works in other places is that they provide the handset at a discounted rate spread over the contract term because then they have you as a regular customer paying money each month. Paying pretty much the full phone price while being locked into a contract for four years doesn’t seem like a great deal to me, even if the phone company presents it as one.

You’re basing this on what you were already paying (which I think was already not particularly cheap, though obviously it depends on usage), but I think it would be reasonable to expect some kind of discount for being a loyal customer and staying with the same company multiple years.

I just think that NT$1k is a fair chunk of money to be paying each month, especially if someone is often struggling to pay rent. Also, does the contract include some kind of insurance, or if you lose or break the phone are you stuck paying the full amount for the remainder of the contract term?

I don’t find Taiwan particularly cheap compared with other places I’ve lived, at least at the rates you’re discussing (what I’m paying is fine). There are at least a couple of other threads discussing this though:

I don’t think the comparison with T-mobile in the U.S. is useful - we’re not in the U.S., and neither of us are American. Typical salaries are also considerably lower here.

I got the phone for free. So I’m just paying for it over time.

You didn’t get it for free. It’s part of the NT$48k you’ve chosen to pay over the next four years.

1 Like

no you didn’t

1 Like