Ireland's Potato

Does anyone know what happened to the one in Ximen? Did it move somewhere? Where else is there an Ireland’s potato in Taipei? I browsed their website but its mostly in Chinese.

there’s one, or was one at least in Xinyi

Isn’t there one in Shida Rd someplace? Nasty, nasty stuff. I had some in Hong Kong once and had the MSG jiitters FAR worse than I’ve had from even the shittiest Taipei biendang. Avoid!

There was one in the Vieshow cinema complex at Xinyi. There was old Irish proverb, There are two things not to be joked. One is marriage, the other is potato. Or something like that.

Yup, which is kinda ironic, given what a joke their “Irish” potatoes are. Sorry, I mean “Ireland’s” potatoes.

Besides, potatoes aren’t even from Ireland.

There’s nothing even remotely Irish about it, either. I was expecting at least a baked floury spud. What I got was godawful chicken nuggets and nasty American-style french fries. Plus, as I said, the MSG sweats and shivers. Massive disappointment.

BLASPHEMER!

The best thing I found with my experience there was the Guinness. Bottled, so not much they can mess up with that.

The best thing I found with my experience there was the Guinness. Bottled, so not much they can mess up with that.[/quote]

Well, apart from bottling it (I realise they didn’t do that part).

Exactly! Even the best thing I could find wasn’t all that good. :laughing:

There’s one on the Danshui waterfront now. It opened a few months ago. Haven’t tried it - I did have whatever their “star” dish (cheese?) is at the Xinyi Vieshow branch, and was pretty disappointed.

As a Canadian, I feel that any place specializing in french fry dishes should serve a gravy + cheese curd option. Alas, Ireland Potato does not. Back to Bongo’s for my poutine.

(A few years back there was a poutine place next to Ireland Potato in Vieshow, but it didn’t last.)

Interestingly there is absolutely nothing ‘Ireland’ about it except for some cheesy references to potatoes and sayings. Irish people don’t (in general) eat chips with sauce excepting curry sauce or vinegar.

It’s funny how it’s taken off, to be honest I like being able to have a snack and a beer outside though.

Yes, there is a branch just opposite the L.A. Cafe at the XinYi Warner village . They do have cheap beer. I don’t know about the “French Fries” though.

Now if they had Champ we would be talking.

Ireland’s Potato for the “Taiwan People” . Funny english :slight_smile:

Wife and I walked past that place in Xiemen once. She said: “Ooh! Irish food! Let’s get some!” I said: “It looks like a fucking McDonalds. Let’s buy some pig rectum on a stick. I prefer genuine ethnic food”.
Kinda wish I’d gone for the McPaddy’s.

[quote=“jimipresley”]wife and I walked past that place in Xiemen once. She said: “Ooh! Irish food! Let’s get some!” I said: “It looks like a fucking McDonalds. Let’s buy some pig rectum on a stick. I prefer genuine ethnic food”.
Kinda wish I’d gone for the McPaddy’s.[/quote]

I wish I had extra room for more signatures. I can’t even use the “Where is your stamp” one.

I concur,
I tried it at the (Miaoli?) freeway service station, first and last time.

I concur,
I tried it at the (Miaoli?) freeway service station, first and last time.[/quote]

I like the one in the Qingshui rest area in Taizhong county, it’s a refreshing change.

The name is weird, and it’s not authentic, however come on, fries with wasabi is not that bad. They are fairly standard, but they are always fresh, and the taste is OK.

Believe it or not there is one in the Zoo opposite the hippos or elephants I think. First time I saw one was in 2007 in Xinyi when I got married and all my mates were over from back home. No I didn’t get married at Ireland’s potato we were all out shopping. I think it was their busiest day ever. We drank all their beer but didn’t eat anything. Shitty shitty looking food.
Now give me some Boxti!! Or even white pudding