• I’m a woman and say “do it yourself, dude, I’m painting my toenails”
  • I’m a woman and do it sometimes, we share
  • I’m a man and I’m helpless, so this is clearly a womans job
  • I’m a man and I’m proud to be an ironing man myself
  • I’m a man and I do it sometimes, we share
  • other

0 voters

Do you it?

Some men thinks this is STILL a womans job likewise the cleaning, cooking and taking care of the youngster (= the household).
Personally I think it’s very old fashion-thinking, and for that and a few other reasons I don’t iron my boyfriends clothes. Couldn’t think of it, in fact, unless he is in a hurry and ask me with his sweet talk :wink:

My sister-in-law (to be) does it for her husband, she’s also a perfectionist in the cleaning and everything, so she iron pretty much everything; t-shirts, underwear, jeans etc etc.

Good lord! Woman, you are a European in the Orient, there are coolies that will do it for the small change you can sneak from your man’s trouser’s as he sleeps off the night’s shenanigans.

HG

I’m a guy, but I’m better at ironing than my wife, so if I actually care about the results I do it myself.

I’m also a better cook than she is, but she’s learning. I work 12 hour days and she’s between jobs, so she has the cooking duties now. When we’re both working, I cook.

I do my own ironing. If you entrust skilled work to a woman, you have to be prepared to suffer the results, so its best to remove the guesswork and do it yourself.

My SO is a sweetie, and often pitches in to help iron my clothes when I’m busy, but I don’t expect her to. I often pitch in and shop, cook or do laundry when she’s too busy. We’re a very well balanced, modern couple, without any clearly gender-defined roles.

It all depends.

Among the locals, seeing the menfolk doing housework is a rare treat.

We are supposed to be doing all this together, however I am not one wearing ironed shirts daily.

Usually, i do most of the cooking (I like it), washing of the clothes, and the heavier cleaning.

The handbrake is stuck with the dishes, lighter cleaning and the like.

last time i entrusted my clothes to a SO my suit ended up in the washing machine. Bless her heart she was just trying to help, but… :wall:

so after that experience i do my own laundry tasks.

I wash, dry, and iron all my own clothes and hers too. Some of her clothes that need ironing have little frills, darts, pinched areas and folds that I can’t quite work the iron around. gets a bit frustrating…I leave those to her.

One of my peeves here is no dryer…i know it ruins your clothes over the long run, but hanging your clothes to dry ends up wrinkling them and I’ve lost 3 socks already to wind + gravity…I think they are on the awning a few floors down… :frowning:

HG wrote [quote]Good lord! Woman, you are a European in the Orient, there are coolies that will do it for the small change you can sneak from your man’s trouser’s as he sleeps off the night’s shenanigans. [/quote]

Absolutely, old chap. I’m not sure which one of my coolies does the ironing. I’ll have to ask Number One Boy (i.e. my head coolie) as to the gender of the ironing wallah.

What the hell do we do about Derek? Ironing a lady’s frilly bits? I feel it my duty to meet this vixen he’s attached himself to and set her straight.

She’s Hakka, isn’t she Dez? Those insolent wenches, they wouldn’t even bind their feet for a man!

HG

I have recently switched my attire to aloha shirts. They don’t need ironing.

Nor do blue jeans.

Taiwan: a life designed. :slight_smile:

I don’t iron. I don’t need to. T-shirts, shorts and jeans don’t need ironing.

How do you iron a bra ? I’ve tried stretching it over my head, but then I can’t see what I’m doing.

If you’d just wear them properly – on the inside of your clothes – you wouldn’t need to iron them.

“Irony? Isn’t that like Goldy or Silvery?”
All of which stay far clear of TheGingerCave.

Not that it matters, I prefer my garments to have that haute de fashionne look of being well slept in.

[quote=“derek1978”]last time i entrusted my clothes to a SO my suit ended up in the washing machine. Bless her heart she was just trying to help, but… :wall:

so after that experience i do my own laundry tasks.

I wash, dry, and iron all my own clothes and hers too. Some of her clothes that need ironing have little frills, darts, pinched areas and folds that I can’t quite work the iron around. gets a bit frustrating…I leave those to her.

One of my peeves here is no dryer…i know it ruins your clothes over the long run, but hanging your clothes to dry ends up wrinkling them and I’ve lost 3 socks already to wind + gravity…I think they are on the awning a few floors down… :frowning:[/quote]

There are a few coin laundry places in Muzha. Not far from where you are.

Nobody irons in Taiwan

I Iron myself what nead’s to be ironed and I try to buy stuff that don’t nead to be ironed.

I let the so and the sister do the cleaning since I’m the one doing all the cocking and changing lights and stuff.

We somhow find a way to share equaly and we both agree so there is no truble.

You do the cocking for both your s/o AND her sister? Sa-weeeet! Don’t you get a bit tired though?

I never cook.

Oh. Cooking. He meant cooking.