Is 1991 Still True Today?

[quote=“Yellow Cartman”][quote=“Yi”]Well, I certainly haven’t changed since 1991. My list of top 5 qualities I look for in a man:

1. Passion for life
  2. Intelligence
  3. Sense of humour
  4. Honesty
  5. Honour

Still looking… :slight_smile:[/quote]

I know lots of men with 3 out of these 5 qualities… 60% ain’t bad is it? :eh:[/quote]

The above is a generic short list from my original detail list of 22 things I look for in a man (which is in the back of my closet somewhere). So I do require all 5 qualities. I’m not expecting the humour and intelligence of Eddie Izzard nor the extremely rare qualities as displayed in Braveheart or Gladiator but basically someone who isn’t a couch potato, willing to be responsible and take responsibility but can still see the silly side of life and be goofy. Too much?

[quote=“Yi”]Well, I certainly haven’t changed since 1991. My list of top 5 qualities I look for in a man:

1. Passion for life
  2. Intelligence
  3. Sense of humour
  4. Honesty
  5. Honour

I get the first 4, but honor? Like knight in shining armor deal? Well its not 1400’s anymore. Your more likely to find a man, if you change that to respect.

1. Japanese
  2. Tanned
  3. Schoolgirl
  4. Short
  5. Burberry
  6. Skirt

Easy. :wink:

Honour. Sense of duty. Righteousness. Responsibility. Call it what you will. I dislike people who don’t take responsibility for their actions or worst, just don’t take on any responsibility.
Don’t know about the knight in armour bit. :s Although I do fancy rugby players (no armour there).

[quote=“Yi”][quote=“Yellow Cartman”][quote=“Yi”]Well, I certainly haven’t changed since 1991. My list of top 5 qualities I look for in a man:

1. Passion for life
  2. Intelligence
  3. Sense of humour
  4. Honesty
  5. Honour

I know lots of men with 3 out of these 5 qualities… 60% ain’t bad is it? :eh:[/quote]

The above is a generic short list from my original detail list of 22 things I look for in a man (which is in the back of my closet somewhere). So I do require all 5 qualities. [/quote]

So then the question is, if a man has say an abundance of one of the above 5 qualities but very little of one of the 5 qualities, does that balance it out? If so, does it depend in which of the 5? Is say sense of humor weighted more than say intelligence? Can a high honesty level overcome very little passion for life or one of the others?

Probably, yes, if you’re strict about this list. I used to have one too and as I kept meeting more people, I found out that the list was rather limiting, preventing me from giving the other person (and me) a real chance to gel. The list became a rejection reason list for why XYZ “wasn’t the one”, rather than being the list for why XYZ “was the one”.

YMMV.

[quote=“Yellow Cartman”][quote=“Yi”]Well, I certainly haven’t changed since 1991. My list of top 5 qualities I look for in a man:

1. Passion for life
  2. Intelligence
  3. Sense of humour
  4. Honesty
  5. Honour

So then the question is, if a man has say an abundance of one of the above 5 qualities but very little of one of the 5 qualities, does that balance it out? If so, does it depend in which of the 5? Is say sense of humor weighted more than say intelligence? Can a high honesty level overcome very little passion for life or one of the others?

[/quote]

Yeah, because I’m passionate, funny, smart, brave and honourable, and as a bonus sexy as hell, on the other hand I’m a total fucking liar.

I’d say that the list of five would need to become a list of 3 or less. Too many variables at play. Imagine if you started to rank each of the 5 qualities on a scale of 1 to 5 (most important to least important)!? It is such an inexact science. No wonder so much is written and talked about this!

I have given up trying to have a meaningful relationship. Now I just sit on my balcony and read. I am a much happier person because of it.

[quote]What Women Look For In A Partner

1. Record of achievement
  2. Leadership qualities
  3. Skilled at his job
  4. Earning potential
  5. Sense of humor
  6. Intelligence [/quote]

OK, sense of humour and intelligence, yes. But the rest? Whatever.
Honest.
Decisive.
Confident.
Not sure I could see eye to eye with a guy who didn’t drink beer.
Oh, and a spark. Otherwise he’d just be a good drinking buddy!