Is all this verichip stuff for real?

i’ve been looking for an objective opinion on them. so i went straight to their website. nothing they say on their site can unsettle my nerves about what they do.

" alzheimers wander prevention" sounds pretty Orwellian to me. i’ve heard the main consideration is chipping migrant workers and home arrestees.

whole thing sounds scary. but will it happen?

Have no idea.

Just wanted to say hi Ran.

L.

We just don’t want you wandering off again.

[quote=“ran the man”]I’ve been looking for an objective opinion on them. so I went straight to their website. nothing they say on their site can unsettle my nerves about what they do.

" alzheimers wander prevention" sounds pretty Orwellian to me. I’ve heard the main consideration is chipping migrant workers and home arrestees.

whole thing sounds scary. but will it happen?[/quote]

If right-wing authoritarians maintain power in the US, then yes, it will happen.

[quote=“Limey”]Have no idea.

Just wanted to say hi Ran.

L.[/quote]

Me, too. Hi ran.

Limey wrote:

Who else wants to say hi to Ran ?

Is that what these implants in the back of my neck are? I thought it was aliens.

Many many years ago I worked as a dietary aide (placed the prepared food trays on a giant cart to a floor kitchen where nurses delivered the trays to the bedridden) in a very large retirement complex. I recall it being a pleasant easy going place with lots of activities for the retirees. I also recall ‘wandering’ patients. Imagine a resident on his way to the ceramics shop- forgets where he is and wanders into an open field or onto a highway.
Nothing short of a huge gated wall or locked doors could keep these folks from wandering off. So, while a chip sounds horribly intrusive, that might be better than being ‘lost’.

thanks for all the hellos. missed you guys.

granted a chip would solve the wander problem, but couldn’t it be done less obtrusively? and more importantly, if i were in a nursing home where they were actually mistreating me (happens a lot more than we think), i’d like to be able to check out anytime i like.

otherwise it’s like “hotel california”. you can never leave! sounds creepy.

I agree with you, ran, that the world is getting a little scarier in that regard.