Is anyone else angry at Starbucks over cutting back decaf?

A few months back Starbucks started saying it would take 4 extra minutes to get decaf. Now they often have none, but in some shops are willing to run over to a nearby store to get some. They used to have a small grinder to grind decaf beans but have discontinued this service. Many stores only have one large grinder so it is inconvenient for them and the customer if someone orders decaf. Mr
Brown has decaf, no extra wait time, however there are not as many locations. Anyone else want to bombard Starbucks with messages that they are losing customers?

Support the competitor. I am no fan of M. Brown, but they are also the award-winning Kavalan Whiskey guys, right? They are (I have heard from a cafe owner) also trying to up their coffee game to that level too.

Guy

I’m angry at everybody for putting coffee and tea in everything without labeling it. Don’t they know about the Word of Wisdom?

I’m still angry about their terrible fake cinnamon rolls.

I didn’t even know they don’t have DECAF. How can it take longer I don’t know? It’s the same process and timing through the expresso machine.

If you want to bombard them with messages, might need a larger source group than this one.

I don’t go to Starbucks for coffee anyway. I go for aircon, toilet, usually comfy available seats, convenient locations, easy to arrange meetups “at Starbucks”, light background music, and maybe wifi.

1 Like

Having decaf coffee is like having non-alcoholic beer. I don’t get the point. But to each their own :coffee:

4 Likes

I agree with “support the competitor”, but why does it have to be another chain? Go to a small, independent coffee house. Besides, Mr Brown sucks. If you have to go to a chain, Cama Coffee and Louisa Coffee are the best imo.

I be liking Louisa lately. They are upping their game.

3 Likes

I simply mentioned M. Brown because the OP named it as an alternative serving what s/he wants. I agree that independents are a better choice–providing they are actually open when you need them, something far from guaranteed!

Guy

1 Like

Nobody goes to Starbucks for the coffee. It’s either for a (nasty-tasting) caffeine pick-me-up or else for a convenient place to rest or meet people. Starbucks not having decaf is like McDonald’s not having sushi.

Drink their steamed milk, hot chocolate, orange juice, or bottled water instead.

2 Likes

Oh man, you mean you’ve never had McSushi??

1 Like

2 Likes

It’s about decaf isn’t on demand that much and will go stale.

This is true. I used to hate their coffee, but it’s improving by leaps and bounds.

I like their chocolate frap

That doesn’t seem to stop Starbucks from serving stale regular coffee. :stuck_out_tongue:

Guy

4 Likes

Huh. When I buy coffee at Starbucks, it’s always freshly made. I know because they never have any waiting, and I have to wait 5-10 minutes while they brew it. I had the impression everyone else going to Starbucks buys milkshakes rather than coffee.

That is not the reason. A coffee company can easily manage coffee.

They don’t serve decaf as a business decision.

The beans are already stale before they even open the bag in most cases. That coffee is several weeks old, if not a couple of months. It’s okay to let your coffee sit for a week after it has been roasted, but you’re going to want to use it up within a reasonable amount of time.

1 Like

Ah, OK, stale from old beans, rather than stale from sitting in the pot too long. Got it.

1 Like

Right, but coke and chocolate are just fine…i don’t get that.