Is calling everyone "Chinese" a sign of desperation?

Is labelling everyone they dont like “Chinese” a sign of desperation?

Is this risking further alienation of people in their own political base who are just not in favor of CSB?

seems that they’ve run out of arguments.

Arguments, they’ve run out long ago. Sounds like a shout-out to the paranoid fringe. They are turning the cultural revolution up a notch.

Just a translation for those who don’t read it:

Find me an idiot who believes this, and I’ll find you a TI/er.

P.S. Who’s playing ethnic politics now, biatch?

‘Yu’ is one of the many former premiers under CSB, and currently chairman of the DPP. Nice of him to lay his cards down in such clear terms, and to paint himself into such a tiny corner. I’m sure he’s being warmly embraced by the small percentage of ‘qiaobao’ who don’t consider themselves Chinese.

EDIT: By the way, looks like Yu’s being greated with deafening silence from the US media on this trip.

[quote=“zeugmite”]Arguments, they’ve run out long ago. Sounds like a shout-out to the paranoid fringe. They are turning the cultural revolution up a notch.

Just a translation for those who don’t read it:

Find me an idiot who believes this, and I’ll find you a TI/er.

P.S. Who’s playing ethnic politics now, biatch?[/quote]

The whole Taiwanese/Chinese thing has always been a pretty surefire TI ruse, what about the times they urged the American public to support TI through advertisements?!!

That was most pathetic…

Considering most people in the protest may well be WSR, you wonder if he is telling the truth or not.

Considering that you just pulled that out of your ass, it won’t matter.

that is not my point of view, you know, actually I saw that in TV yesterday. And, as TV here is used with all the possible uses, I’m going to stick with that.

Shih Ming-teh, Wang Jin-pyng, Lien Chan, Chiu Yi … all BSR.

By Yu and boogie’s definition, they’d all be Chinese BSR.

I didn’t know that the protest only had 4 people. Sorry, must be the booze yesterday or I saw a lot more…

Oh you’re right. I only named 3 senior members of the pan-Blue political organization, as well as the head of the anti-Bian effort. I guess there’s no reason to find their names particularly significant.

Tell you what, in the pursuit of truth, let’s get this cleared up. Go ahead and start listing names of all of the people you know are currently at the protest, and we’ll start doing a running tally to see whether they’re “all” WSR, as you just claimed 2 posts ago.

The protesters could not possibly be majority mainlanders, because if so, why would they be broadcasting in Taiwanese half the time, and getting a loud and enthusiastic crowd response?

I’ve been there on 3 separate occasions since it began, and it’s been the same: “A-bian xia tai blah blah blah” and then repeat the same thing in Taiwanese.

There’s undoubtedly a strong blue mainlander element, but it’s only part of the crowd.

Biggest kudos so far go to the elderly gentleman with the custom made ROCycle: ROC flags flying from it along with bright color images of Guo Fu and CKS and Son. :smiley:

“all”?
I sayd most…

And what did the TV say? and what program was it?

Seriously man, do you just make up stuff?

It was SET, the 21:00 Talk Show, which is considered neutral.

what was CSB’s approval rate? 18% ? you think WSR make up 82% of the population?

I see how you might think “ethnic” hatred against WSR is “neutral” fare in Taiwan, since it rolls straight off the tongue of a top government official, too.

I think this must be part of the great KMT/WSR conspiracy TI supporters like to talk about.

hey AC, isn’t there anything else than TI? Jesus, you must write TI in every line.

The sad truth is that none of us here control the “agenda”. The folks in charge decide what issues are relevant to all of us by implementing policies that bring them to the forefront.

What’s the highest priority for the current Taiwanese administration? What has Chen Shui-bian consistently insisted is the greatest challenge to Taiwan? Is it the economy? Is it social inequality? Is it still “black gold” and corruption? Is it government reform?

Nah. We’re all obsessed with TI because that’s the topic CSB and his administration are most obsessed about. Remember what the DPP party chairman just said…? Even the current protests in Taipei are about “the Chinese” versus “the Taiwanese”.

So you think this is the fault of CR (China re-unification)?