Is Clown Pepe a racist right-wing meme?

Split from: Formosa Fitness

hey dude while you’re here maybe you could shed some light on why you decided to post a literal white supremacist meme (http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/white-nationalists-adopt-clowns-as-their-next-racist-symbol-yes-seriously/)

Right Wing Watch is not a credible source.

7 Likes

really? :joy: like the ok sign??? hahaha

3 Likes

This doesn’t sound credible to you? :ok_hand:

1 Like

It’s a credible alternative to the National Inquirer.

3 Likes

oh lol I didn’t realize this site went full retard in the years since I stopped posting

2 Likes

Says the guy who takes Right Wing Watch at face value. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I thought this was getting too far off the main issues, so I split it.

Good old times.

1 Like

I’m alarmed, and I’m not even a geneticist!

Shadilay 'pedes!

Have some respect please.

His name is Honkler.

2 Likes

There’s a bunch of trolls on 4chan who are trying to see just how much influence they can have on society. In previous incarnations they would randomly post “HIT**R DID NOTHING WRONG!” on boards, and then get a kick out of it when decent people spent their time furiously correcting them.

Recently they decided that they could make milk racist, the OK hand symbol white supremacist, and Pepe and clowns hate symbols. Neo Nazis and racists bought into this much to the amusement of the “Hackers named 4Chan” and now it’s all a mess and no-one knows who is a nazi and who is a troll.

@Formosa_Fitness posted a meme seemingly originating on 4Chan, with the Honkler clown on a rainbow flag, and a Christian traditionalist message so that it would be shared by unsuspecting Christians and the “Hacker named 4Chan” would once again get a laugh out of it.

3 Likes

I guess we’ll just have to figure that out the old-fashioned way, without reference to any clown frog images :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The point was to troll those on the left, not those on the right.

1 Like

1452765789-85ab9af141c0e16cadfce2c544d70d1b

2 Likes

Precisely. They trolled the Left by acting like Nazis to get the progressives wound up. The real nazis took things at face value and adopted some of the symbols, and now no one really knows who’s a Nazi and who’s a troll. But Right Wing Watch and the SPLC practically make money scaring the public into donating so they tend to err on the side of exaggeration with the Nazi head count.

2 Likes

I think people with half a brain can actually spot the difference pretty easily. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Us fine cultural connoisseurs on Forumosa seem to be among the few with more than half a brain. Can’t fault the masses though, they probably watch TV regularly.

4 Likes

Or spend too much time reading cat blogs like BuzzFeed and HuffPo.

4 Likes