Is coronavirus "force majeure" (不可抗力)?

some good news on the visa front…oops posted already but seems good news. no ban on re entering in future, just pay 2000nt fine

you will be allowed to enter with a visa, so your entry is not banned.

1 Like

The Chinese for force majeure is 不可抗力 (buke kangli). I added it to the title.

My talk to clarify stated that yes a one year ban for visa exempt is true if visa exempt overstays
The rep clearly stated that someone applying for a general visa after an overstay will be frown upon and may cause a denial of the visa issuance.

That is a risk that needs to be clarified
I dont want to take that risk

1 Like

Yyy thanks for post.
Now i understand

1 Like

But is not easy to get a visa especially when the embassy is not in my city. So is a big risk. Hope my country will not ban more flights and I can leave.

You now have an additional 30 days.

1 Like
1 Like

But it’s only for those that have visa already

No, it includes those who entered visa-exempt/visa-free.

1 Like

has this been confirmed? hard to find the details of it.

MOFA announces that all travelers who entered Taiwan on or before March 21, 2020, on a visitor visa, a landing visa, or through a visa-waiver program and who have not overstayed their legal stay period will be granted an automatic 30-day extension.

1 Like

Yes, the link is given in the original post too.

https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-220-5436-37c0d-2.html

1 Like

It’s stated in the official bulletin: Automatic 30-day extension for foreigners entering Taiwan on or before March 21 with visa waiver, visitor visa, or landing visa (no application is required) (overstayers excepted)

Mang, I thought we had until June 30th.

That’s the due date for overstayers to turn themselves in. This is a completely different thing. Read the bulletin.

Well, even with the automatic 30-day extension, that gibs me a solid 7 weeks to come up with a better plan. Heck, nobody knows what next week brings, never mind a coupla months from now.

You get a new passport, then bring it and your APRC to the NIA office, fill out some forms, photocopy your passport, and get your APRC updated.

Is visa waiver program and visa free the same thing?

Yes, the same thing.

1 Like