Is Covid a Death Tax on Stupidity?

Let’s give the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he was wearing brown shoes.

2 Likes

Who’s offending people from Chicago? It’s a war zone. Chicagoans will agree.

More like brown-tinted glasses.

Those work too. Especially when one of the locals flings their droppings at you.

Uhhh…say what?

I’ve managed to avoid that scenario so far. Stepped on both shit and needles though (and a crack vial or two).

1 Like

Say what about what? Mississippi is behind in every metric and has been for decades. I’m not blaming that all on Republicans like this ridiculous conversation about democrat cities.

Tent city in OKC

Tent city in Ft Worth

tentcity

But but…I thought it was just democrat cities.

https://www.usnews.com/news/cities/slideshows/cities-with-the-most-homelessness-in-the-us

Of course, homelessness is a nationwide issue and it’s not just about total numbers. It’s about how homelessness is dealt with. There are tent cities in many places, but letting people set up encampments and shit and shoot up in the heart of business and residential districts is what distinguishes cities like SF.

1 Like

And what does that have to do with all democrat cities? The original argument from Andrew0409 was this was a problem of Democrat cities. You want to talk about policies specific to SF…fine. But you can’t extrapolate that to an entire party. I’ll maintain that it’s a ridiculous childish argument.

San Diego in your list a “Republican” city and Alaska is a Republican state. As I said, no causation. “Because democrats” is a BS argument.

I come from Vancouver, which is in a province with a left-wing government, and has very liberal policies in providing needle exchanges and a city-provided shooting gallery. It also has incredibly high drug addict and homeless populations, largely because it’s one of the few places in Canada where you don’t freeze to death on the streets in winter.
It’s a problem when you have conservative governments elsewhere with harsher policies (Joke: the Alberta social services drug addiction programme is $20 and a bus ticket to Vancouver) and liberal areas who care about these people’s civil rights.
A lot of these people cannot take care of themselves, and have to be institutionalised- voluntarily or otherwise. The problem is when you start rounding up people who haven’t been charged or convicted of a (serious) crime, simply because you don’t want them to clutter your streets.

1 Like

I spend a few months of the year — in normal times — in Wonderland, Oregon because I have family there and still own property there. Going into downtown Wonderland these days is like being in a future dystopia. Tent hovels everywhere Roving bands of feral homeless clearly in control of the streets. I no longer feel safe there even in broad daylight unless I’m packing heat. Big change from when I was a kid and going into downtown Portland with my family.

1 Like

This thread is stupid.

1 Like

The data is the data. The cities with the worst homeless problems are more often than not Democrat-run. More often than not.

I personally wouldn’t go as far as to blame Democrats for the entire problem, but policy does matter. A lot of your arguments are too black and white. One doesn’t need to argue that correlation is causation; contribution is what we’re talking about here.

To make it simple: Democrat policies contribute to and exacerbate many problems associated with homelessness in urban areas.

Like I said before, the homeless disasters in cities like SF and LA are well-documented and clearly associated with the policies of the political leadership.

Finally, the mayor of San Diego is Republican, but a lot of his positions are more Democrat than Republican, which isn’t surprising given that he’s in California. Which raises another point to take into consideration: even if you’re a Republican in a place like California, on many key issues, you have a limited ability to deal with the liberal policies at the state level.

1 Like

75% of the top 50 cities are Democrat so that point is moot. How many times do I have say that most cities are Democratic? For obvious reasons.

If most cities are Democrat is it because their democratic or because of their specific policy? If you want to make that argument then compare and contrast democrat vs Republican cities. The same problems exist in both.

Nice cop out. And it was California’s republican governor that brought on the fiscal crisis. Zoom out a little and look at how states are managed and that argument again falls apart.

So SF and LA’s home

Homelessness exists in every city. But every city with a homeless problem doesn’t look like SF, LA or Portland, which have been allowed to crash into an abyss of public defection, drug use, theft, robbery and assault. How many times do we have to go over this?

Those things are happening because of very specific policies promulgated by ultra-liberal leadership.

Frankly, I should have just stopped when you posted that you had visited SF and found it to be a “very clean, nice city.” Even the liberals who live in SF stopped making that false claim years ago.

4 Likes

You mean there are more homeless people in cities with more people? :scream: Shocker most be because… democrats.

Sorry but you ain’t stopping shit with these ridiculous assertions and no empirical evidence to back it up. My impression of SF is my own. Plenty of friends live there too and love it. They aren’t all fleeing for paradise in Alabama.

Pick any random list of cities and the majority will be democratic. Some have good policies and some don’t. There is no evidence to support that liberal policies are destroying cities. What’s the common denominator between all of them? Another point you’ve failed to address. Exactly which policy is it because they all have different policies to deal with homelessness.

Seems if you look at cities, which are almost always more liberal (a point you keep missing), one could come to the conclusion that liberal policies lead to prosperity. That is in fact where all of the prosperity is in America.

Yeah, and your impression that it’s a “very clean, nice city” doesn’t jive with any of the quantitative and qualitative data. Hell, survey says that not even the people are clean.

In any case, I hope your friends are renegotiating their rents.

This.

Biden and the Democrats are already walling off unity with claims of an electoral mandate, of threats to imprison Trump, and a certain former labor secretary’s calls for reeducation for Trump supporters.

Also, illegal immigration - one of the major lynchpins of Trump’s 2016 win - is already picking up on the US southern border. If Biden doesn’t get this right then the populism currently infecting the US body politic will likely come back with a vengeance in 2024. And I’m pretty sure Biden will not get this right.

Most of Intel’s manufacturing is abroad anyway.

I remember learning in Spanish class that Intel account for 40% of Costa Rica’s exports.